TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE / LEGAL STATEMENT
IMPORTANT! Please carefully read the following terms and conditions (“Terms”) governing your use (including access, browsing and/or use of any interactive features) of those portions of the CHANEL website accessible at www.chanel.com, as well as and including any other CHANEL websites or web pages accessible through the CHANEL website or other promotional websites CHANEL hosts or sponsors such as minisites or pages on third party social networking services, directed at consumers in the United Kingdom, including those portions of the CHANEL website accessible by going to www.chanel.com and selecting “languages” and then your country in the appropriate region (collectively the “Sites”).
Use of the Sites is subject to these legally binding Terms and constitutes your agreement to be bound by and to act in accordance with these Terms. We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time. Any such changes will be posted on the Sites and you agree to be bound by such changes.
The CHANEL companies worldwide (“CHANEL”) own all right, title and interest in and to the Sites and/or own the content and applications on the Sites (including on social network websites).
CHANEL owns all copyrights for all material on the Sites or has a valid right from a third party to use the material on the Sites. CHANEL also owns all trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and domain names used on or in connection with the Sites or has a valid right from a third party to use any such material. Any modification or use of the materials from the Sites for any purpose not explicitly permitted is a violation of CHANEL's copyright and other proprietary rights.
No part of the Sites may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any manner whatsoever, except for viewing purposes, without the prior written consent of CHANEL. This prohibition also includes framing any content from the Sites, as well as unauthorized linking.
Use of and browsing in the Sites are at your own risk. Neither CHANEL nor any party representing or otherwise affiliated with CHANEL in creating or presenting the Sites are liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages arising out of your use of the Sites. To the extent permitted by law and without limiting any of the foregoing, everything on the Sites is provided to you on as “as is” basis, without warranty, either express or implied, of any kind, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantabilty, fitness for a specific purpose, freedom from computer virus, or non-infringement. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitations may not apply to you. Please check your local laws.
Prices displayed on the Chanel website are shown in pounds sterling (£), or in Euros (€) if you are in the Republic of Ireland, and unless otherwise indicated, include appropriate Value Added Tax (VAT) at the rate prevailing when the website was last up-dated.
Prices shown are Recommended Retail Price (RRP), inclusive of VAT. As such, they are provided for indicative purposes only, have no contractual value, and are subject to change without notice.
The retail prices at Chanel’s Watch and Fine Jewellery Boutiques would normally correspond to the RRP (inclusive of VAT). Any RRP prices given on this website for Watches and Fine Jewellery correspond to a size “no. 52” or “Medium” accordingly, smaller or larger sizes may have a different RRP.
CHANEL is not responsible for third party websites that link to or from the Sites. CHANEL does not endorse any such sites or the goods or services offered on such sites. CHANEL disclaims all responsibility for the accuracy of any of the information provided on such linked sites and any goods or services provided or purchased from such sites. CHANEL shall not be held liable or responsible for the content of any sites that link to or from the Sites.
CHANEL takes reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information included in the Sites. However, CHANEL takes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the content of the Sites and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of information provided on the Sites. Information provided on the Sites is subject to change at any time without prior notice.
The failure on the part of CHANEL to enforce any part of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any of CHANEL's rights hereunder for past or future actions.
Any dispute over the content or use of the Sites shall be governed by the substantive laws of the United Kingdom, and the jurisdiction and venue of any such action shall be vested solely in the courts of the United Kingdom.
CHANEL may change these Terms at any time by posting changes on the Sites. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting. The continued use of the Sites constitutes your agreement to any revised Terms.
The Sites are not intended to provide any medical information about the skin or otherwise.
BY USING THE SITES, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND AGREEMENT TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE.
LAST UPDATED: November 2016
© CHANEL, 2016 All Rights Reserved
CHANEL highly cares about your privacy and data protection.
We are committed to offering the highest standards of products and services. Thus, we value each of our existing or prospective client and aim at maintaining the best protection for your personal data
We have implemented a robust data protection compliance program, which includes the adoption of the high-standard data protection principles of the GDPR at a global level and includes the:
- adoption of Binding Corporate Rules (“BCRs”), which should ensure the same level of protection by all CHANEL entities, and to allow transfers of personal data within CHANEL’s organization globally. (For the moment, our BCRs are still under consideration for approval by the data protection authorities);
- creation of a Data Protection Office and a network of local data protection contacts;
- adoption of internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations;
- implementation of appropriate technical and organizational measures to implement the data protection principles.
The CHANEL websites are operated by CHANEL SAS in France ("CHANEL" or "we"). CHANEL may further share information with its affiliates in accordance with the safeguards foreseen in this policy.
Any online sales on the e-commerce section of this website are made by CHANEL SAS. For the UK in particular, sales are made by CHANEL Limited, a UK company.
All marketing communications are sent to you by CHANEL SAS. For the UK in particular, all marketing communications are sent to you by CHANEL Limited.
Information on a job applicant is directed to the local Human Resources team in charge of the open position.
If you want to contact CHANEL or its Data Protection Office, please see under “How to contact CHANEL for privacy queries” below.
Information provided directly by you.
- Information collected online on our website or other digital platforms and Apps, for example by filling in the “contact” section when you subscribe to the Newsletter proposed by CHANEL, or when you create your customer account in the CHANEL Online Boutique;
- Information collected through the "candidate space" available via CHANEL Careers.
Important Notice: When submitting any personal data, including multimedia contents (photographs, videos …) please ensure it is accurate and do not transmit any content which is not expressly requested through a questionnaire or any other collection method (such as commercial information, advertising, personal creations, ideas, or concepts).
Information we obtain indirectly about you.
Some additional information is collected indirectly about you while you are browsing the CHANEL website. This information is technically needed for the proper functioning of the CHANEL website, to improve your browsing experience or in order for CHANEL to perform analytics that will enable us to serve you better by personalizing our online services for you.
- Technical information, such as IP address and cookies, linked to your browsing on our websites, for logging purposes and identification of your country/city via geolocation;
- Information relative to your online profile and website usage data (e.g. behavioral analysis via cookies and similar technologies, your navigation trail of the website, registration of products in the shopping basket );
- Personal data collected via media platforms and social networks (e.g. when you follow CHANEL's pages on those social networks, personal information that you have designated as public and that can be publicly viewed on your social network profile).
Our website does not specifically focus on minors. If we should nevertheless inadvertently collect such information, the minor's legal representative can exercise the minor’s rights on his/her behalf and on his/her name at any time (see below).
In order to fight against counterfeiting and infringement, CHANEL has set up automated processes to collect information on companies or individuals who commit or are likely to commit acts that violate its rights. This information will be accessible to any company legally authorized to use the CHANEL trademarks that has been a victim of such violations, for the purpose of taking action or any necessary measures to protect their rights.
If you are an existing or prospective client of CHANEL, we may use your personal data in order to:
- enable you to browse through our website and other digital platforms and to use your personal online account;
- enable you to obtain information on our products and services from our Customer Care Center- in our “Contact us” section for instance;
- enable you to purchase CHANEL products in our CHANEL boutiques and other points of sale;
- enable you to access CHANEL services in our CHANEL boutiques and other points of sale, or on our website and other digital platforms – for instance, to book an appointment or to create a CHANEL product wish list;
- enable you to access our extensive after-sales care services;
- respect our legal obligations, including inter alia cosmetics regulations, the fight against money laundering, credit card fraud and the fight against counterfeit;
- collect your opinion on our CHANEL products and services, in particular via surveys and questionnaires;
- establish statistics, financial and commercial studies;
- keep you informed about our latest collections, products, campaigns, shows and other events by sending you CHANEL communications (by electronic mail, by post or via your phone: calls, chat, SMS and MMS and third-party media platforms);
- improve our understanding of your interests and preferences so that we can deliver personalized offers and other services that would correspond better to your needs and wishes;
- evaluate your CV and other background appropriately for open positions via internal and external experts in the case of job applicants.
Our processing of your personal data is based on our obligation to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
It is also based on the necessity to carry out the purchase contract with you, to provide you the website, app or other online services as requested by you or, if legally required, on your consent.
We may also rely on our legitimate interest in the completion of sales and in our commitment to offer you seamless after sales services and a personalized and highly qualitative treatment in the long term.
If you are a job applicant, we process the personal data you provide us with in order to recruit for any vacancy (in the section “Careers”) and more particular in order to assess whether we shall enter into an employment contract with you based on our legitimate interest to hire the best-qualified human resources.
Within the CHANEL Organization. Your personal data will only be accessible to a limited list of recipients on a “need to know” basis:
- If you are a current or potential client of CHANEL, only the CHANEL employees that are working within the teams that need to have your information (for example, Customer Relationship Management, Commercial Management, Legal, Compliance and IT) will access your personal data;
- If you are a candidate, only the Human Resources Department as well as the hiring managers will access your personal data.
Outside of the CHANEL Organization.Your personal data will not be provided to a third party except to other CHANEL entities for the purposes explained above and to service providers acting on behalf of CHANEL on the basis of secure contractual arrangements which will include strict data protection obligations.
For job applicants, please note that we also collaborate with external recruitment experts that we may share your CV with in the recruitment process in order to ensure proper evaluation of all applicants.
CHANEL may also have to transfer personal data to third parties when it receives a request by an authority empowered by law to do so, pursuant to applicable laws and regulations.
Applicable legal and regulatory requirements are taken into consideration before any cross border transfer of your data.
- Any data transfers outside your country will be secured through appropriate contractual guarantees which will also be in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Data transfers among CHANEL entities will ultimately be covered by the Binding Corporate Rules upon their approval by regulators.
You may receive copy of such documents upon request.
Alongside the commitment to offering the highest standards of services and products, we consider that our products should entitle you to personalized client treatment and incomparable after-sales services that may last for a lifetime for some products. For this purpose, and to ensure such services, we may need to keep your personal data for as long as it is needed for the provision of such services.
For the Fragrance & Beauty products sold on our website, we keep your data for as long as it is necessary to comply with applicable legislation regarding product guarantee and safety and in order to follow up with you on the results of the product and offer you continuous advice.
We welcome and value applications from talented candidates. Even if your application on the “Careers” section of our website is not successful, we may keep your data on file for up to 2 years following your last visit to our candidate space and call you if another appropriate opportunity arises. In case you choose not to be contacted for future opportunities, your data will be kept for up to 6 months.
Cookies managed by CHANEL are stored for up to 13 months.
CHANEL respects the retention periods imposed by applicable laws and regulations. To the extent your data is no longer necessary for the provision of a service (including the after sales service referred to above) or if you no longer wish to be part of our distribution list for newsletters, beauty tips and events, your data will be deleted or archived in an anonymized or de-identified format in order to comply with applicable regulation.
Please note that you can request access, rectification, erasure and portability of your personal data or restrict and object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with applicable laws at any time.
To exercise the above rights please contact us via the channels provided below and communicate the following information: name, surname, e-mail or any other information necessary to confirm your identity in order for us to process the request (such as your postal address).
You also have the right to unsubscribe from our “Newsletter” at any time:
- by simply clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each Newsletter
- by filling out the “Contact Us” form and specifying your request, as well as the e-mail address to unsubscribe in your message
- by mentioning it to our CHANEL boutiques or other points of sale;
- through the online preferences center.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority in case of breach of the applicable privacy laws and regulations, in particular the GDPR but also any other national or regional privacy laws applicable to you.
Cookies are pieces of information that any website may transfer to your browser that are then stored in your computer system. For example, the deposit of cookies enhances your online experience by allowing us to save your preferences.
- Determine statistics and volumes relating to traffic in order to improve the relevance and user-friendliness of the services offered to you;
- Provide you with services and navigation adapted by personalizing your user interface;
- Share information with other websites, media partners and social networks in order to offer you pertinent promotional and adverting communications that match your interests (third party cookies).
We may also collect your shortened IP address on a non-readable basis, which does not allow us to identify you.
If you do not wish CHANEL to use all or part of the above-mentioned third party cookies, please click here.
You may also disable the installation of “cookies” by configuring your browser appropriately. For more information, please click here.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on your user experience and may prevent you from using part of our website.
If you wish to configure your browser in order to disable the installation of cookies, you can follow the below instructions:
For Mozilla Firefox: Select the "Tools" menu, then "Options". Click the "Privacy" icon, locate the "Cookies" menu and select your preferred options.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and later: Select the "Tools" menu, then "Internet Options". Click the "Confidentiality" tab and use the cursor to select the level desired.
For Opera 6.0 and later: From the "File" menu, select "Preferences", then click on "Privacy" and select your preferred options.
For Safari: From the Safari menu, select "Preferences", then click on "Security" and select your preferred options.
For Google Chrome: select the Chrome menu, then select “Settings” and click on “show advanced settings”. In the Privacy section chose “Content settings”; then in the “Cookies” section you can select your options.
To exercise your rights please send your request to our Customer Service Department:
- For CHANEL SAS:
- by mail : writing to La Ligne de CHANEL - 135, avenue Charles de Gaulle 92521 Neuilly-sur-Seine Cedex
- by email : filing out the Contact us form
- by phone: calling La Ligne de CHANEL at 0800 255 005, from Monday to Friday, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m (CET). Please find here all local contact numbers.
España La Linea de CHANEL - Servicio de atención al consumidor 901 51 95 19 El Servicio de Atención al Cliente de la Boutique en línea CHANEL 900 10 23 92 France La Ligne de CHANEL - Service Relations Clientèle 0800 255 005 Le Service Clients de La Boutique en ligne CHANEL 01 58 37 68 00 Deutschland CHANEL Kundenservice 01801-24 26 35 Der Kundenservice der CHANEL Online-Boutique 0800 55 19 555 Österreich CHANEL Kundenservice 0810-50 00 10 Der Kundenservice der CHANEL Online-Boutique 0800 29 8 444 Italia La Linea di CHANEL - Servizio Consumatori 840 000 210 Il Servizio Clienti della Boutique online CHANEL 800 411 344 België-Belgique La Ligne de CHANEL - Service Relations Clientèle / Consumentenservice 070 66 55 55 Le Service Clients de La Boutique en ligne CHANEL / De klantenservice van de webshop van CHANEL 0800 97 447 Luxembourg La Ligne de CHANEL - Service Relations Clientèle 026 37 57 31 Le Service Clients de La Boutique en ligne CHANEL 80 025 250 Nederland La Ligne de CHANEL - Consumentenservice 0900 519 2005 De klantenservice van de webshop van CHANEL 0800 333 23 33 Sverige CHANEL Client Care Center 020-755755 CHANEL Online Boutique Client Care Center 020 – 53 00 00 Danmark CHANEL Client Care Center 02815 8000
- For CHANEL Limited:
- by mail: CHANEL Ltd, Queenway, Croydon, CR9 4DL, Attn: Consumer Relations
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone: 0800 028 5005
For any candidate data for your application to our “Careers” section, please contact:
- Service SIRH
135, avenue Charles de Gaulle
92521 Neuilly-sur-Seine Cedex
By email : email@example.com
- Or the local Human Resources team. For more details please see here.
Data Protection Office
135, avenue Charles de Gaulle à Neuilly sur Seine
92200 Neuilly sur Seine
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1.1 Welcome to our CHANEL web site www.chanel.com/en_GB/ (the "CHANEL Online Boutique" or the "Site"), the Site from which you can purchase CHANEL branded fragrance and beauty products (the "Product"). The Products sold on the CHANEL Online Boutique will be provided to you by Chanel Limited ("CHANEL", "We", "Our", "Us"). Chanel Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 00203669. Our registered address is 5 Barlow Place, London, W1J 6DG and Our VAT number is GB217856541.
1.2 For any questions relating to the use of the Site, an Order or CHANEL please contact Our Client Service team which can be reached from Monday - Friday from 10am – 6pm on the following number 0800 028 5005 free of charge. This service can also be accessed on the CHANEL Online Boutique or by email at the following address: Online.email@example.com.
2.1 Acceptance of Terms
These terms and conditions ("Terms") are the terms on which We sell the Products to you. Please read these Terms carefully before ordering any Products. You should keep a copy of these Terms for future reference. Click here to print or download them. We will also file a copy of any Orders made by you on the CHANEL Online Boutique.
These Terms may be changed from time to time where it is necessary for us to do so for legal or regulatory reasons. The Terms applicable to any Order from the Site are those that you agree to when placing your Order. These can be accessed from the Order confirmation email We will send you once you have placed your Order.
These Terms are only available in the English language.
2.2 The ordering process and order confirmations
Your Order constitutes an offer to Us to buy the Product. All Orders are subject to availability and to acceptance by Us. We will send you an email acknowledging receipt of your Order. Please note that this does not constitute acceptance by Us. The contract for purchase of the Product is formed when We send you an email confirming your Order.
If a Product you wish to purchase is no longer available We will inform you by telephone or via email as soon as possible. Where this is the case, you will not be charged for the Product and you will be given the option to request that We inform you of the future availability of the Product via email.
3.1 Registration, passwords and security
When you place an Order on the Site, you will have the option to check-out as a guest or to create a client account (“Client Account”). Setting up a Client Account is an easy process and you simply need to complete your details in the My Account section of the Site.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Client Account password and user name and are responsible for all activities that are carried out under them. We do not have the means to check the identities of people using the Site and will not be responsible for losses suffered by you where your password or user name is used by someone else unless this is due to Our negligence. You agree to notify Us immediately by email to Online.firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone on 0800 028 5005 if you become aware of or suspect any unauthorised use of your Client Account.
3.2 Your promises to Us
You confirm that:
- 3.2.1 you are over 16;
- 3.2.2 all information and details provided by you to Us (including on creating a Client Account) are true, accurate and up to date in all respects and at all times. You can update or correct your personal details at any time by amending your Client Account details at www.chanel.com/en_GB/fragrance-beauty/services/login.
- 3.2.3 you are the holder of a valid credit or debit card.
You agree that in using the Site you will not:
- 3.2.4 use the Site for any unlawful purpose;
- 3.2.5 access or attempt to access the accounts of other users or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate the Site’s security measures; or
- 3.2.6 use the Site and any Product you purchase on it for any purpose other than your personal use. This means that We limit the number of items of a single Product you order to four (4) and the total number of Products purchased in one Order to twelve (12) Products and that you should not resell any Products.
3.3 We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to the Site at any time without notice if We have reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of these restrictions. This shall not limit Our right to take any other action against you that We consider appropriate to defend Our rights or those of any other person.
3.4 Intellectual Property
- 3.4.1 CHANEL and its affiliated Chanel companies (collectively The Chanel Companies) own all intellectual property rights in the Products, the Site as a whole and its content, including but not limited to all copyright, design and trade mark rights in names, logos, designs, texts, data compilations, graphics, audio clips, films, photographs, animations, illustrations, drawings, software and computer codes (“Content”), or have been granted all necessary licences to use the same.
- 3.4.2 Use of the Site and its Contents grants you no rights in relation to the intellectual property in the Site. Subject to paragraph 3.3.3, you may not copy, reproduce, duplicate, modify, edit, republish, download, post, broadcast, record, transmit, sell, exploit, or distribute any part of the Site or its Content without Our prior written consent.
- 3.4.3 Subject to these Terms, We grant you a non-exclusive and revocable licence to use the Site for personal use only. Such licence does not permit you to use the Site for commercial use and/or purposes, When you use the "Share" function on the Site in order to share information from the Site via social media platforms (such as Facebook and Twitter), you acknowledge and agree that you will be sharing this content solely for personal use and/or purposes.
- 3.4.4 Your use of the Site and/or its Content must not in any way cause damage to the Site and its ability to function (including but not limited through the use of data gathering and extraction tools) nor prejudice or damage the reputation of The Chanel Companies or the Products.
- 3.4.5 The purchase by you of the Products from the Site does not entitle you to alter the nature of or repurpose the Product and resell the same. The resale of repurposed or altered Product may infringe the rights of CHANEL.
- 3.4.6 Use of Our intellectual property other than that permitted under this paragraph 3.3 may infringe The Chanel Companies’ rights in the Site and We reserve on Our own behalf and that of The Chanel Companies’ the right to take any appropriate legal actions to protect such rights.
3.5 Links to and from other Websites
- 3.5.1 You may establish links to the Site provided you stop providing links to the Site immediately if We require you to.
- 3.5.2 Other third party websites may provide links to the CHANEL Online Boutique from time to time. You acknowledge that:
- 18.104.22.168 these websites are not under Our control and We therefore cannot exercise any control over the content of such website;
- 22.214.171.124 the inclusion of a link to the Site does not imply any endorsement of the material contained in such websites nor any association with their operators on Our part;
- 126.96.36.199 We will not be party to any transaction or contract with a third party that you may enter into via such sites; and
- 188.8.131.52 you agree that you will not involve Us in any dispute between you and the third party.
3.6 Gift Message
We provide a complimentary, gift message facility on all Orders, which is available for your own personal and strictly non-commercial use. You are entirely responsible for the text and other content of your gift message to any third party and We accept no liability for any such content. If you choose to use the facility, you agree that your message will not contain any materials which may be interpreted as abusive, racist, obscene, defamatory, offensive, harassing, threatening, vulgar or which could cause distress or embarrassment to any person. You agree not to impersonate any person, including but not limited to any of our employees or customers.
Your message cannot exceed 200 characters and must not contain any material in which a third party owns the intellectual property rights (including but not limited to music lyrics in which copyright subsists).
Your message cannot be changed once your Order is placed. We have the right to refuse to send messages and to terminate access to the gift message service at any time and without liability to you. The gift message facility is currently only available in the English language.
4.1 The price of a Product is the price stated on the Site at the time you place your order except in the case of obvious error. We try and ensure that all prices on Our Site are accurate but errors may occur. If We discover an error in the price of a Product you have ordered before formation of a contract between Us in accordance with paragraph 2.2 of these Terms We will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your Order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel, no payment will be taken from your card.
4.2 Prices on the Site are displayed in GBP (£) and are inclusive of UK Value Added Tax. Delivery charges are not included in the Product price. The total cost of your Order is the price of the Products ordered plus the applicable delivery charges depending on the delivery option you select (the charges are as set out in the Delivery Costs section of the Site). We will let you know the total cost of your Order (including delivery charges based on the delivery option you have selected) prior to your placing of the Order.
4.3 Please note that Product prices may change over time and the prices payable are those on the CHANEL Online Boutique at the time of Order. If you have opted to create a Client Account, the prices displayed on the Orders page within the “My Account” section of the Site will be the price paid by you at the time of that particular Order being placed. Reordering a Product at a later date may therefore present a different price for the same Product at the checkout and, where the Terms have been changed as described in paragraph 2.1, may be subject to different Terms.
4.4 We accept payment credit card and debit cards (VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, Union Pay, JCB and Diners Club). We also accept payment via PayPal.
4.5 We have set up a secure payment system for all Orders made on the CHANEL Online Boutique. Payments are made on an external platform via the payment provider Adyen and comply with PCI DSS security standards. Payment will be debited from your account at the time of or shortly before despatch of the Product to you. If you are paying via your PayPal account, you agree that you are responsible for payment for all Orders placed using your PayPal account username and password.
4.6 By placing your Order and making an offer to buy a Product, you authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time and this may include verification checks involving your debit or credit card number or credit reports in order to authenticate your identity; to validate your credit card; to obtain an initial credit card authorisation; to protect you and us from fraud; and to enable us to arrange delivery of your Order to your nominated delivery address.
4.7 We will send you a copy of your invoice as an attachment to the Order confirmation email We send. In addition, where you have opted to create a Client Account, you will have the option to download your invoice from the ‘My Account’ section under "My Orders".
4.8 You confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise payment We will not accept your order and We will not be responsible for any delay or non-delivery and We are not obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal.
4.9 We are not responsible for your card issuer or bank charging you as a result of Our processing of your credit/debit card payment in accordance with your order.
Each Order will be accompanied by samples of Our Products so that you can further explore the range of Products available on the Site. You will have the opportunity to express a preference as to which samples you wish to receive before placing your Order. Samples are however subject to availability and it may be necessary for Us to substitute your first choice of sample with an alternative which We hope will equally delight you.
6.1 We accept Orders for delivery to mainland UK and Northern Ireland only (excluding The Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland). We are also not able to make deliveries to PO Boxes.
6.2 Products will be dispatched by DPD unless you specify an alternative delivery option. Standard and nominated day deliveries are guaranteed within a 1 hour delivery slot (excluding Sundays and holidays) by DPD.
Delivery Costs. Prices shown on the Website do not include delivery. Our Delivery Costs and options are as follows:
For any Order greater than or equal to eighty GBP (£80), complimentary Standard delivery is offered. The Click & Collect service is also complimentary. The delivery costs are added to the total price of the Order at the Checkout.
6.3 We shall do Our best to dispatch the Product to you as soon as possible after you place your order and in accordance with the delivery option you have selected when placing your Order. In any event not more than 5 working days beginning on the day We confirm your order. If We are unable to dispatch the Product within that time We will email to let you know and to give you an estimated delivery date. In these circumstances you have the right to cancel the order and receive a full refund.
6.4 You shall be informed by email/text when the parcel has been processed by DPD. You will have the option to change the date of delivery (within a limit of five (5) working days from the original scheduled delivery date).
In the event that you (or a person identified by you to take delivery of the Product on your behalf) are not available at the time of delivery, you will be contacted by DPD via SMS or e-mail to schedule a new delivery slot. Wherever possible, a notice will also be left at your address that delivery of your Order has been attempted.
6.5 As soon as the Product is delivered to you (or a person identified by you to take delivery of the Product on your behalf), you are responsible for it.
6.6 We want you to be happy with your purchase from Us. If you are unhappy with the Product in any way please contact Our Client Service at Online.email@example.com, or 0800 028 5005 as soon as possible.
7.1 Before dispatch.
If you wish to change or cancel your Order prior to the Product(s) having been dispatched you can either select the “cancel” option within the CHANEL Online Boutique ‘My Account’ section or call Our Client Services team on 0800 028 5005 / Online.firstname.lastname@example.org, with your Order number, to discuss what practical options are available to you. In the event that your Order has already been dispatched, please return your Order once received in accordance with Our Returns Policy below.
7.2 After dispatch. We hope that you will be delighted with your order. However, if you wish to return the Product(s), you have the right to return your Order within 28 days without giving any reason, even if the Product is not defective. This right is subject to certain conditions as set out below:
- 7.2.1 Your cancellation period will expire 28 days after the day on which you (or a person indicated by you to take delivery, other than the carrier) take delivery of the Products. If your Order is delivered in multiple lots, the 28 days will start counting from the day on which you (or a person indicated by you to take delivery, other than the carrier) takes delivery of the final Products. For example, if you receive your (final) Product on the 1st of the month then your cancellation period will end on the28thof that month.
- 7.2.2 You must inform Us of your decision to cancel your Order by a clear statement prior to the end of the cancellation period. You may inform us by any of the methods below, however it will help Us to process your refund more quickly if you use Our online returns form which can be downloaded from the My Account section of the Site or by calling Our Customer Services Team.
Email at Online.email@example.com Phone 0800 028 5005 Post CHANEL Client Care Department, CHANEL LTD 5 Queensway, Croydon CR9 4DL
The model cancellation form by following this link. If you use this option, We will communicate to you an acknowledgment of receipt of such a withdrawal on a durable medium (e.g. by email) without delay
- 7.2.3 You have taken reasonable care of the Product prior to return. In particular this means that you should not have used the Product and any tags, labels or protective packaging should not have been removed.
- 7.2.4 You return the Product to Us without undue delay and in any event within 14 days of informing Us of your decision to cancel.
- 7.2.5 You return the Product in suitable packaging to ensure it reaches Us in good condition. In order to ensure the Product reaches us in good condition in accordance with these Terms We recommend you use the original packaging you received the Product in to return it to Us.
7.3 Faulty Products. Any Product We send you should meet its description on the Site and be fit for purpose. If however a Product is faulty or does not meet the description given on the Site at the time you placed your order, please contact Our Client Service Team as soon as possible on Online.firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 028 5005 with your Order number.
For faulty Products, We will refund the purchase price, delivery charge and any reasonable shipping costs you incur in returning the Product to Us. Please note that this does not include any costs incurred by you in returning the Products in person.
7.4 Returning the Product(s). We recommend that the Products are returned to Us using one of the methods described below:
- 7.4.1 By post to CHANEL LTD 5 Queensway, Croydon CR9 4DL along with the Return Form provided in the delivery package
- 7.4.2 In store at one of the following boutiques: CHANEL stand-alone Fragrance & Beauty boutique at Covent Garden, CHANEL stand-alone Fragrance & Beauty boutique Burlington Arcade, CHANEL stand-alone Fragrance & Beauty boutique at Old Spitalfields Market or CHANEL stand-alone Fragrance & Beauty boutique at St Pancras International Station.
Please note that returns will not be accepted at any other retail outlet that sells CHANEL products.
7.5 For your convenience, where you are returning the Products by post, CHANEL provides a prepaid returns label in the package that enables returns of the Product(s) at no cost (the "Prepaid Label"). Please append the Prepaid Label to the package and then deposit it in a DPD approved location from the following list. If you choose not to use the Prepaid Label when returning non-faulty goods, you will be responsible for the costs of returning the Products to Us.
7.6 Effects of cancellation
If you cancel your Order in accordance with paragraph 7.2, We will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by Us or in the event you chose to keep one or more items from your Order).
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay and not later than:
- (a) 14 days after the day We receive back from you any Products supplied, or
- (b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide satisfactory evidence that you have returned the goods.
We will make such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.
7.7 Products which may not be returned
Please note that, unless they are faulty, you do not have the right to return Products which are sealed for health protection or hygiene reasons where their packaging is unsealed or any protective strip has been removed or damaged. This means that it will not be possible for Us to accept the return of any fragrance or other Product where the cellophane has been unsealed or other protective seal has been removed.
8.1 We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or that of Our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation by Us or Our employees or agents.
8.2 You have certain rights under the law. These include that We have the right to supply the Product to you and that any Products supplied by Us will be of satisfactory quality and as described. You have certain legal remedies if we breach any of these rights. Nothing in these Terms is intended to affect these legal rights or other rights to which you may also be entitled, for example to damages or specific performance.
8.3 If We breach these Terms We shall only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such a breach, up to a maximum of the greater of £100 or the total value of the Order. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and Us at the time of entering into this Agreement.
8.4 We are not responsible for:
- 8.4.1 losses not caused by Our fault;
- 8.4.2 losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and Us at the time of entering into this Agreement, for example loss of profits or loss of opportunity;
9.1 If you breach these Terms and We take no action against you, We will still be entitled to use Our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
9.2 If any part of these Terms is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
9.3 These Terms are not intended to give rights to anyone except you and Us.
9.4 Complaints and disputes
9.5 We will do Our best to resolve any disputes in relation to these Terms. If you wish to take court proceedings against Us you must do so within the United Kingdom. If you live in England or Wales the laws of England and Wales will apply and if you live in Scotland, Scottish law will apply.
9.6 If We are unable to resolve any disputes between Us about this Agreement you have the right to refer the dispute to the EU’s Online Dispute Resolution platform.
CHANEL was established in Paris 1909 by Mademoiselle Chanel as a luxury brand selling luxury fashion. CHANEL is an independent company that creates, markets, distributes and sells luxury Fragrance & Beauty products, Fashion products (including Haute Couture, Accessories and Eyewear) and Watches & Fine Jewellery. Today, the house of CHANEL operates across 70 countries worldwide.
The CHANEL brand is dedicated to creating innovative and desirable products of the highest quality and finest craftsmanship. It invests in the excellence of its products and favours a long-term vision to ensure its longevity. A large proportion of its products are manufactured at in-house facilities in France as well as with select third party partners. Our supply chain includes the sourcing of raw materials across all three divisions of the CHANEL business, the purchase of components for the products of the three divisions and subcontracting activities for manufacturing operations, as well as the purchase of non-sellables such as packaging, presentation and advertising materials.
CHANEL is strongly committed to conducting its business in compliance with all applicable labour and employment-related laws, rules and regulations of every location in which we do business and across our supply chain, including, but not limited to, laws, rules and regulations relating to wages and hours worked, equal employment opportunity, discrimination, immigration and work authorisation, privacy, collective bargaining, and child prison and forced labour. Our code of conduct Ethics@Chanel, provides the global ethical principles for all CHANEL employees which reflect our core values and qualities.
The Fragrance and Beauty division requires all suppliers to sign up to a Supplier Ethical Charter that specifically calls on partners to comply with all international obligations and principles relating to Human Rights, while also referencing International Labour Organization core conventions governing forced and slave labour. In the Watches and Fine Jewellery division, CHANEL is certified by the Responsible Jewellery Council ("RJC") and complies with the ethical principles of the RJC, including the Kimberley process for diamonds. Our Supplier Ethical Charter is currently being updated following the implementation of Ethics@Chanel and, going forward, all of the suppliers of CHANEL's three divisions will be asked to sign up to this, and, in connection with the audits that are and will be performed on our suppliers, be required to continually improve their processes.
We carefully select our suppliers and business partners and maintain business relationships with those who share our commitment to high ethical standards. CHANEL expects its suppliers and business partners to comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations and our policies relating to the prevention of human rights violations set out above. We have taken the following steps to assess, mitigate and manage any risk that our supply chain may use forced labour, slavery and human trafficking:
- We have started to structure our Supplier Excellence Program (SEP), which includes a defined governance structure and operating model with an implementation plan over the coming years in order to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and our own internal policies relating to the prevention of human rights violations. This starts with the careful selection with appropriate due diligence of our business partners and the carrying out of a robust risk assessment to determine potential high risk suppliers for all sourcing categories.
- The implementation of our Code of Conduct, Ethics@Chanel throughout our organisation globally requires all CHANEL employees to represent the integrity and ethical standards of CHANEL when dealing with our business partners in general and our suppliers in particular. We have begun training and raising awareness of such issues through Ethics@Chanel training sessions globally.
- The on-going implementation of an Audit Program which includes physical audits to monitor our key suppliers based on their risk profile.
- A gradual roll out of contractual clauses in all of our agreements requiring our suppliers to adhere to all applicable laws, including those on forced and compulsory labour, including the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
In addition, we partner with various reputable organisations on these issues including the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, BSR and the RJC, to provide assurances regarding the robustness of our approach, in particular with regard to the audit standards in order to ensure that it is in line with industry practices.
CHANEL’s commitment to compliance with applicable laws and in particular labour laws and the prohibition of the use of forced labour is an ongoing process. The steps described above form part of a long term programme to tackle all of the risks encountered in our supply chain, including the issue of forced labour. We recognise that the complexity of our global supply chain will require our ongoing commitment to continually monitor and find ways to improve our global supply chain in order to achieve this long term goal.
In addition, as part of our Supplier Excellence Program we are and will be working on:
- traceability for all of our strategic raw materials
- greater collaboration with all of our suppliers and other stakeholders to address issues along the supply chain
- a gradual roll out of global risk assessments for all purchasing categories
- more globally integrated governance of our supply chain risk approach to ensure coherence and consistency
- the global roll out of our supplier audit programme across all three divisions within CHANEL.
Approved by the Board of Directors of Chanel Limited on 27 April 2017 and signed on its behalf by:
Chanel is one of the world's leading designers, developers, manufacturers, and marketers of luxury fragrance and beauty, fashion, watch and fine jewellery products. Chanel is known for its original and sophisticated designs and commitment to quality in everything that it does. Chanel's fragrance and beauty products are sold mainly in high-end department and specialty stores and other carefully selected points of sale operated primarily by third parties. Its fashion, watch and fine jewellery products are sold mostly in Chanel-owned or operated boutiques, but also in a limited number of department stores, watch specialists and fine jewellers. Paying the right amount of taxes, in the right places, at the right times, is core for Chanel and its commitment to being a responsible business.
The following tax strategy is also applicable to the following UK entities: Croydon Logistics Limited and Trochair Limited.
Chanel’s tax strategy is compliance-based; its strategy is to account for tax on an accurate and timely basis and to pay taxes within the due dates. Compliance for Chanel also means disclosing all relevant facts and circumstances to the tax authorities, and claiming reliefs and incentives where available.
When considering the structure of its business activities, Chanel takes into account consideration of the UK’s tax laws when looking to maximise value on a sustainable basis for shareholders. Chanel does not put into place any schemes, arrangements or tax planning that could be perceived as being contrived or artificial in nature. Given the peculiarities of its business and the volume of tax obligations, Chanel is inevitably exposed to tax uncertainties, which Chanel actively seeks to identify, evaluate, monitor and manage. Where there is significant complexity in relation to a tax issue, Chanel seeks external, expert advice.
Chanel is committed to the principles of openness and transparency in its approach to dealing with HMRC, with the objective of minimizing tax uncertainties. Chanel does not take positions on tax matters that may create reputational risk or jeopardise its good standing with the UK tax authority. However, Chanel is, if necessary, prepared to defend its positions where it disagrees with a ruling or decision of a tax authority, having always first sought to resolve the disputed matter through active and transparent discussions.
This document, approved by the Board of Directors of Chanel Limited, Croydon Logistics Limited and Trochair Limited, sets out Chanel’s policy and approach to conducting its tax affairs and dealing with tax risk, and is made available to all of Chanel’s stakeholders. The Finance and Legal teams will periodically review this document and the Board of Directors of Chanel Limited will approve any amendments to it. This tax policy is aligned with “Ethics at Chanel” (Chanel’s Global Code of Conduct). Its publication is regarded as satisfying the statutory obligation under Part 2, Schedule 19, Finance Act 2016.
Under the Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017, all companies with 250 or more employees are required to annually report their Gender Pay Gap based on calculations of the difference between the average earnings of men and women. Our statement sets out the information in relation to Chanel Limited and our continued commitment to equality at CHANEL.