We are delighted to announce that from 15th June 2020, in line with UK and Republic of Ireland Government Guidance, we shall be re-opening a selection of our Fashion, Fragrance and Beauty and Watches and Jewellery Boutiques in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Click here for Boutique information.
Our Fashion Concessions and Fragrance & Beauty counters within our Retail Partners will re-open in accordance with each Retail Partner’s re-opening strategy.
The wellbeing of our clients and employees remains our absolute priority and we have carried out detailed health and safety risk assessments to ensure our employees and clients are kept as safe as possible. We are therefore introducing a number of important controls and processes within each of our retail environments, in accordance with the respective guidance and recommendations published by the UK Government (including the devolved administrations) and the Republic of Ireland Government to manage the risk of COVID-19. We will continue to monitor the guidelines and advice published from all relevant administrations and health authorities.
Some of the measures we have introduced within our Boutiques and at our Fragrance and Beauty counters include:
- an enhanced cleaning and hygiene program, including hand sanitiser stations established across the entrance and exit points of each Boutique and as you approach our Fragrance and Beauty counters;
- to ensure appropriate social distancing, entry protocols to manage the number of clients in each Boutique at any one time as well as managed queuing systems to control this;
- Fragrance and Beauty services and testing of products to remain suspended;
- compulsory face coverings for all our retail staff and all clients visiting our Fashion and Watches and Fine Jewellery Boutiques;
- social distancing guidelines in our Boutiques and at our Fragrance and Beauty counters, which will ensure that interactions between our employees and clients can happen at the recommended distance.
Our Fragrance and Beauty e-commerce has remained operational throughout the pandemic with a small and dedicated team working at our warehouse. We already have in place all the measures to ensure that we are providing this service at all times in an appropriate manner to protect all our staff and clients. Our dedicated team will continue to respect these very strict social distancing, cleaning and hygiene procedures.
We look forward to welcoming you back into our Boutiques and at our Fragrance & Beauty counters and thank you for your understanding and for respecting our new procedures.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE / LEGAL STATEMENT
IMPORTANT! Please carefully read the following terms and conditions (“Terms”) governing your use (including access, browsing and/or use of any interactive features) of those portions of the CHANEL website accessible at www.chanel.com, as well as and including any other CHANEL websites or web pages accessible through the CHANEL website or other promotional websites CHANEL hosts or sponsors such as minisites or pages on third party social networking services, directed at consumers in the United Kingdom, including those portions of the CHANEL website accessible by going to www.chanel.com and selecting “languages” and then your country in the appropriate region (collectively the “Sites”).
Use of the Sites is subject to these legally binding Terms and constitutes your agreement to be bound by and to act in accordance with these Terms. We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time. Any such changes will be posted on the Sites and you agree to be bound by such changes.
The CHANEL companies worldwide (“CHANEL”) own all right, title and interest in and to the Sites and/or own the content and applications on the Sites (including on social network websites).
CHANEL owns all copyrights for all material on the Sites or has a valid right from a third party to use the material on the Sites. CHANEL also owns all trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and domain names used on or in connection with the Sites or has a valid right from a third party to use any such material. Any modification or use of the materials from the Sites for any purpose not explicitly permitted is a violation of CHANEL's copyright and other proprietary rights.
No part of the Sites may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any manner whatsoever, except for viewing purposes, without the prior written consent of CHANEL. This prohibition also includes framing any content from the Sites, as well as unauthorized linking.
Use of and browsing in the Sites are at your own risk. Neither CHANEL nor any party representing or otherwise affiliated with CHANEL in creating or presenting the Sites are liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages arising out of your use of the Sites. To the extent permitted by law and without limiting any of the foregoing, everything on the Sites is provided to you on as “as is” basis, without warranty, either express or implied, of any kind, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantabilty, fitness for a specific purpose, freedom from computer virus, or non-infringement. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitations may not apply to you. Please check your local laws.
Prices displayed on the Chanel website are shown in pounds sterling (£), or in Euros (€) if you are in the Republic of Ireland, and unless otherwise indicated, include appropriate Value Added Tax (VAT) at the rate prevailing when the website was last up-dated.
Prices shown are Recommended Retail Price (RRP), inclusive of VAT. As such, they are provided for indicative purposes only, have no contractual value, and are subject to change without notice.
The retail prices at Chanel’s Watch and Fine Jewellery Boutiques would normally correspond to the RRP (inclusive of VAT). Any RRP prices given on this website for Watches and Fine Jewellery correspond to a size “no. 52” or “Medium” accordingly, smaller or larger sizes may have a different RRP.
CHANEL is not responsible for third party websites that link to or from the Sites. CHANEL does not endorse any such sites or the goods or services offered on such sites. CHANEL disclaims all responsibility for the accuracy of any of the information provided on such linked sites and any goods or services provided or purchased from such sites. CHANEL shall not be held liable or responsible for the content of any sites that link to or from the Sites.
CHANEL takes reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information included in the Sites. However, CHANEL takes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the content of the Sites and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of information provided on the Sites. Information provided on the Sites is subject to change at any time without prior notice.
The failure on the part of CHANEL to enforce any part of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any of CHANEL's rights hereunder for past or future actions.
Any dispute over the content or use of the Sites shall be governed by the substantive laws of the United Kingdom, and the jurisdiction and venue of any such action shall be vested solely in the courts of the United Kingdom.
CHANEL may change these Terms at any time by posting changes on the Sites. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting. The continued use of the Sites constitutes your agreement to any revised Terms.
The Sites are not intended to provide any medical information about the skin or otherwise.
BY USING THE SITES, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND AGREEMENT TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE.
LAST UPDATED: November 2016
© CHANEL, 2016 All Rights Reserved
CHANEL highly cares about your privacy and data protection.
We are committed to offering the highest standards of products and services. Thus, we value each of our existing or prospective client and aim at maintaining appropriate protection of your personal data (“Data”).
Country-specific amendments referred to below may in some cases additionally apply to offline Data collection. If so, the Country-specific amendment will disclose that it applies to online and offline Data collection.
CHANEL has implemented a robust data protection compliance program, which includes the adoption of the high-standard data protection principles of the applicable data protection laws at a global level and in particular the:
a. conclusion of an Intra Group Data Transfer Agreement (“IGTA”), which are based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. They should ensure the same level of protection by all CHANEL entities and allow transfers of Data within CHANEL’s organization globally;
b. creation of a Data Protection Office and a network of local data protection contacts;
c. adoption of internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations;
d. implementation of appropriate technical and organizational measures to implement the data protection principles.
The CHANEL Platforms and related data processing are operated / carried out by or on behalf of the respective CHANEL entity (“CHANEL” or “we”) as set out . Such CHANEL entity may further share information with its affiliates in accordance with the safeguards foreseen in this policy (see Section 5 below). Any online sales on the e-commerce section of the website are made by the respective CHANEL entity as set out in the applicable Terms of Sales.
If you want to contact CHANEL or its Global Data Protection Office, please see under “10. How to contact CHANEL for privacy queries” below.
The specific type and scope of Data we collect about you depend on your activity on, and interaction with, the Platforms (e.g., whether you only browse through our Platforms or purchase a product or subscribe to our marketing communication) as well as the country in which you use the Platforms. The following Data may be collected through our Platforms :
a) Information collected when you use the CHANEL Platforms for informative purposes only
- Information relating to your website use (“Log Data”) :
When you use our Platforms for informative purposes only (e.g., you do not register on, purchase via or otherwise submit your Data through the website), your internet browser automatically collects, and transfers to us, certain basic information relating to your website use. Such Log Data may include :
- your browser type and version,
- your operating system and interface,
- used device,
- language preference,
- the website from which you are visiting us (referrer URL),
- webpage(s) you are visiting on our Platforms,
- date and time of your visit,
- part of your internet protocol (IP) address,
- your actions taken on the Platforms, and
- the name of your access provider.
- Information processed by external social media providers (“Social Media Data”):
Our Platforms contain share buttons that enable you to share CHANEL content with your friends through third party media platforms and /or social networks (such as Facebook and Instagram, “External Platforms”). The mere use of our Platforms does generally not involve data processing activities (including data transfers) in relation to the External Platforms. However, when you use the share button, these External Platforms may collect and otherwise process personal data about you.
For more information about the scope and purposes of the data processed by the External Platform provider, including your rights and setting option to protect your privacy, please see the privacy notice of the respective External Platform provider.
- Information processed through cookies (“Cookie Data”) :
- Information on parties to fight counterfeiting (“Anti-Counterfeit Data”) :
In order to fight against counterfeiting and infringement, CHANEL has set up automated processes to collect information on companies or individuals who commit or are likely to commit acts that violate our rights in the context of the Platforms. This information will be accessible to any company legally authorized to use the CHANEL trademarks that has been a victim of such violations, for the purpose of taking action or any necessary measures to protect their rights. We collect the following Anti-Counterfeit Data :
- identification information
- postal address
- information related to any electronic means used for counterfeit activities
- judiciary information related to proceedings
In addition, CHANEL periodically reviews social media sites and other online platforms to detect unauthorised sellers of CHANEL products.Some Data are collected from public sources (such as third parties websites).
b) Information collected when you purchase a CHANEL product (“Purchase Data”)
If you purchase a CHANEL product through our Platforms, we will collect Data through the purchase form to process the purchase order.
If you purchase a CHANEL product through your account (see Section c) below), we additionally process your purchase history.
c) Information collected when you create an account on the Platform (“Account Data”)
If you create an account on the Platform to be able to order faster, track your order, create and keep your wishlist and / or receive exclusive news about CHANEL products (if requested), we will collect Account Data through the account creation form.
d) Information collected when you subscribe to the CHANEL newsletter or other marketing communication (“Marketing Data”)
If you subscribe to our newsletter or other marketing communication via the Platforms in order to receive information on CHANEL collections, products, campaigns, shows and other events, we will collect Marketing Data through the Newsletter subscription form.
e) Information collected when you otherwise interact with us via the Platforms (“Request Data”)
- The Platforms enable you or facilitate to get in touch with us, including to exercise your rights under Section 8 (as applicable), or share your opinion on CHANEL products and services in many other ways than described above, e.g., via e-mail, telephone, letter or a data subject access request. The collection of Data depends on how you interact with us and what information you provide us with. If you contact us via the contact us form available on the Platforms, we collect the following Data :
- area of interest,
- topic/ purpose of the contact,
- title / gender,
- name (first name and surname),
- email address,
- further Data you share on a voluntary basis (e.g. postal address, phone number, your concern), and
- the content of your query or responses to surveys and questionnaires provided to us.
- If you contact us to exercise your data subject rights (as applicable), we usually collect the following Data, depending on how you address the data subject rights request :
- type of relationship with CHANEL (e.g., customer, employee or other),
- name (first name and surname),
- type of request (e.g. rectification or deletion request),
- contact details,
- country of residence,
- further request details necessary to process your request (e.g. identification details), and
- the content of your request provided to us.
If you make a service request (e.g., repair order, booking or warranty claim), we may collect the following Data :
- title / gender,
- name (first name and surname),
- contact details,
- product purchased,
- date of purchase, and
- further details relevant to address your request.
- The website CHANEL.com offers click-to-chat and click-to-call functionalities.
Click-to-chat enables you to start a live chat with, and enjoy real-time support by our customer service. You can contact our customer service via live chat either as a guest or as a registered customer. In the latter case, the customer service may have access to certain portions of your Account Data in order to process and answer your request, such as:
- your name,
- contact details.
Click-to-call allows you to request a callback through the Platforms. If you request a callback, we collect:
- your phone number, and
- your preferred time for the callback.
f) Information collected when you apply for a job at CHANEL or its affiliates (“Applicant Data”)
If you apply for a job at CHANEL or its affiliates via the Platforms, we collect the following Data relating to your application:
- title / gender,
- name (first name and surname),
- country and city of residence,
- postal address,
- email address,
- phone number,
- educational level,
- spoken languages,
- work experience,
- further CV information,
- your preferred entry date, and
- further Data you may submit.
g) Information collected about you from third party partners
From time to time we may collect Data about you from third party partners (in order to enrich our data sets) or instruct such third party partners to provide their own Data about you to external platforms (“Third Party Data”) in order to provide you with tailored information about our products, services and events on external platforms or via such third parties.
Important General Notice : When we collect personal data through forms, including but not limited to electronic forms, we will indicate the mandatory fields via asterisks. Failure to provide the data marked with an asterisk could prevent you from accessing our products and / or services. While submitting any Data, including multimedia content (photographs, videos etc.), please ensure it is accurate and do not transmit any sensitive Data such as health information, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, information on your sex life or sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin, nor any content which is not expressly requested through a questionnaire or any other collection method (such as commercial information, advertising, personal creations, ideas, or concepts), unless this is required in exceptional cases (e.g. to report allergies).
Our website does not specifically focus on minors. If we should nevertheless inadvertently collect such information, the minor's legal representative can exercise the minor’s rights on his/her behalf and on his/her name at any time (see below).
If you are an existing or prospective client of, or if you apply for a job at CHANEL or otherwise interact with CHANEL via the Platforms, we may use your Data for the following purposes (“Processing Purposes”) :
- enable you to browse through our Platforms and to use your personal online account (“Platform-related Purposes),
- enable you to obtain information on our products and services from our Customer Care Center, in our “Contact us” section for instance (“Request-related Purposes”),
- enable you to purchase CHANEL products through our Platforms, in our CHANEL boutiques and other points of sale (“Purchase-related Purposes”),
- enable you to access CHANEL services in our CHANEL boutiques and other points of sale, or on our Platforms – for instance, to book an appointment or to create a CHANEL product wish list (“Service-related Purposes”),
- enable you to access our extensive after-sales care services on our CHANEL products (“After Sales-related Purposes”)
- respect our legal obligations, including inter alia cosmetics regulations, the protection of our distribution networks, the fight against money laundering, credit card fraud, the fight against counterfeit and processing your data subject rights requests (“Regulatory-related Purposes”),
- collect your opinion on our CHANEL products and services, in particular via surveys and questionnaires (“Product Improvement-related Purposes”),
- establish statistics, financial and commercial studies (“Studies-related Purposes”),
- keep you informed about our latest collections, products, campaigns, shows and other events by sending you our CHANEL communications (by electronic mail, by post or via your phone: calls, chat, SMS and MMS and third-party media platforms; “Marketing-related Purposes”),
- improve our understanding of your interests and preferences so that we can deliver personalized offers and other services that would correspond better to your needs and wishes (“Preference-related Purposes”),
- process your application, including checking open positions via internal and external experts in the case of job applicants as well as maintain an applicant pool in order to be able to match future positions with potential candidates (“Application-related Purposes”).
Each processing of your Data is legally based on your consent, the necessity to carry out a contract with you, a legal obligation and / or our overriding legitimate interest depending on the purpose of the processing.
Details of the legal basis justifying the data processing are set out .
Within the CHANEL Organization. To the extent permitted by law and taking into account the protection of your rights and freedoms in respect of the processing of your Data, your Data will only be accessible to a limited and defined number of recipients within the global CHANEL entities (“CHANEL Organization”) as further described below. We may transfer your Data to another legal entity for the purposes of a collaboration, joint venture, corporate reorganization, change of legal form or other similar event. In case of a merger or sale, your Data will be permanently transferred to the successor company. Anti-Counterfeit Data will be accessible to any company legally authorized to use the CHANEL trademarks that has been a victim of such violations, for the purpose of taking action or any necessary measures to protect their rights. You can find a list of the relevant CHANEL entities .
If you are an existing or prospective client of CHANEL or otherwise interact with CHANEL via the Platforms (except by way of a job application), only the CHANEL employees within the CHANEL Organization that are working within the teams that need to have your information (for example, Customer Relationship Management, Commercial Management, Legal, Compliance and IT) will access your Data.
Chanel may also send you communications relating to products or events related to the activities of other entities of the Chanel Organization such as, for example, our Maisons d'Art Barrie, Goossens, Maison Michel, Orlebar Brown or Maison Eres.
Third Parties outside of the CHANEL Organization. We may in limited cases transfer your Data to governmental agencies and regulators (e.g. tax authorities), courts, and government authorities, all in accordance with applicable law and to external advisors (e.g., lawyers, accountants, auditors etc.), all acting as controllers. In this context CHANEL may also have to transfer your Data to third parties when it receives a request by an authority empowered by law to do so, pursuant to applicable laws and regulations. If you apply for a job through the Platforms, the CHANEL entity receiving your application (see Section 2) may forward your application to external recruitment firms as necessary.
Service providers (within and outside CHANEL) : Your Data will generally not be disclosed to recipients outside the CHANEL Organization. In some cases, however, CHANEL makes use of external service providers acting on behalf of CHANEL on the basis of contractual arrangements which will include strict data protection obligations. We will in particular provide your Data to service providers or suppliers (this may include other CHANEL group companies) as part of our normal business operations to carry out certain IT-related tasks and who assist us in operating our Platforms, conducting our business, servicing you or protecting the security and integrity of our business (including IT maintenance, security and support service provider, hosting provider, payment provider, marketing and advertising partners, mailing or emailing services or customer care center).
Data disclosure as set out in Section 5 above may involve a transfer of your Data to countries that do not provide the same level of data protection. Applicable legal and regulatory requirements are taken into consideration before any cross border transfer of your Data.
- Any Data transfers outside your country that do not provide an adequate level of data protection will be secured through appropriate contractual guarantees which will also be in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, such as EU Standard Contractual Clauses;
- Data transfers among CHANEL entities will ultimately be covered by the IGTA.
- The transfer of Data may also be based on your prior consent. Please note that, if you are an European Union or UK citizen, such a transfer may include possible risks if the country where your data is transferred to has not been recognized by European Union or UK authorities as granting sufficient data protection level (absence of an adequacy decision) and appropriate safeguards.
You may receive relevant portions of the aforementioned documents upon request as required by applicable law.
Your Data generally (other than Applicant Data) :
Alongside the commitment to offering the highest standards of services and products, we consider that our products should entitle you to personalized client treatment and incomparable after-sales services that may last for a lifetime for some products. For this purpose, and to ensure such services, we may need to keep your personal data for as long as it is needed for the provision of such services. Your Purchase Data will be retained until your last use or purchase of our services or goods as required or permitted by applicable local law or where we have a legitimate and lawful purpose to do so and in any case.
For any product sold on our website, we may keep your data for as long as it is necessary to comply with applicable legislation regarding product guarantee and safety and in order to follow up with you on the results of the product and offer you continuous advice. Your further Data will be retained as long as required by applicable local law or to the extent we have a legitimate and lawful purpose to do so. Please note that the storage period provided by legislation may vary per country.
Applicant Data :
We welcome and value applications from talented candidates. Subject to your consent, we may keep your Data on file for up to 2 years following your last visit to our candidate space and contact you if another appropriate opportunity arises if your previous application on the “Careers” section of our Platforms is not successful. In case you choose not to be contacted for future opportunities, your Data will be kept for up to 6 months after the end of the respective application process, unless shorter or longer retention is permitted or required by applicable local law.
You may have the following rights to the extent and as provided by the law applicable to you which you can exercise through the contact details provided in Section 10) :
- A right of access and information : you have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form of the way in which your Data is processed. You also have the right to obtain (i) confirmation as to whether or not Data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case (ii) to access such Data and obtain a copy thereof.
- A right to rectification : you have the right to obtain the rectification of your Data. You also have the right to have incomplete Data completed.
- A right to erasure : in some cases, you have the right to obtain the erasure of your Data. However, this is not an absolute right and CHANEL may have legal or legitimate grounds for keeping such Data.
- A right to restriction of processing : in some cases, you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your Data.
- A right to data portability : you have the right to receive your Data which you have provided to CHANEL, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit those Data to another controller without hindrance from CHANEL. This right only applies when the processing of your Data is based on your consent or on a contract and such processing is carried out by automated means.
- A right to object to processing : you have the right to object to processing of your Data when such processing is based on the legitimate interest of CHANEL. CHANEL may, however, invoke compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing. You also have the right to object at any time to the processing of your Data for marketing purposesous.
To unsubscribe from our “Newsletter” you may also use the above channels or simply by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each Newsletter.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
Cookies are pieces of information that any website or other Platforms may transfer to your browser that are then stored in your computer system. For example, the deposit of cookies enhances your online experience by allowing us to save your preferences.
When you use the Platforms, we send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits of our Platforms. Your web browser may provide you with some options regarding cookies. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of the services provided via the Platforms to their fullest potential. We use third party cookies in connection with the services provided via the Platforms as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. We do not process or respond to web browsers' "do not track" signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who visit our Platforms or use the services provided via our Platforms.
- personalize our Platforms and the services provided via our Platforms, such as remembering your Data so that you will not have to re-enter it during your use of, or the next time you use, our Platforms and the services provided via our Platforms;
- provide customized advertisements, content, and information adapted to your profile;
- monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our Platforms and the services provided via our Platforms and third-party marketing activities adapted to your profile;
- monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities offered through our Platforms and the services provided via our Platforms (services adapted to your profile). For example, this may help us to monitor rates of emails opened. Tracking technology also helps us manage and improve the usability of the Platforms, (i) detecting whether there has been any contact between your computer and us in the past and (ii) to identify the most popular sections of the Platforms.
We may also collect your shortened IP address on a non-readable basis, which does not allow us to directly identify you.
Depending on the local version of the Platform you are using, this link, may provide you additional information about the cookies used by Chanel as well as specific consent settings if you do not wish CHANEL to use all or part of the above-mentioned cookies.
You may also disable the installation of “cookies” by configuring your browser appropriately. For more information, please click .
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact your user experience and may prevent you from using parts of our Platforms or services.
To exercise your rights please send your request to our Customer Service Department as indicate below and communicate the following information: name, surname, e-mail and any other information necessary to confirm your identity in order for us to process the request (such as your postal address).
- by mail: Chanel Limited1 Bruton street, London W1J6TL, Attn: head of Data Privacy
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by addressing it to our CHANEL boutiques or other points of sale.
Please click to access all local contact numbers or exercise your rights.
For any Applicant Data for your application to our “Careers” section, please click to access all local contact email addresses.
Global Data Protection Office
1 Bruton street, London W1J6TL
Attn: head of Data Privacy
By email : email@example.com
Depending on the country version of the Platform you are using, the above mentioned General Provisions applicable to your personal information may be subject to local specific rules. To know more about any specific rules applicable to you, please select the related country below :
Если вы посещаете наш веб-сайт, находясь в России, или если, являясь гражданином России, вы покупаете продукты CHANEL через наш веб-сайт / приложение с дальнейшей доставкой в Россию, или если, являясь гражданином России, вы откликаетесь на вакансию в компании CHANEL в России, на вас распространяется действие следующих положений:
Обработка нами ваших персональных данных основывается на вашем согласии, предоставленном через наш веб-сайт, приложение или другую цифровую платформу или иным образом, за исключением случаев, когда российский закон о защите персональных данных позволяет нам обрабатывать ваши персональные данные исходя из других применимых правовых оснований. Любые случаи передачи ваших персональных данных третьим лицам, находящимся внутри или за пределами России, основываются на вашем согласии и на соответствующих соглашениях или положениях о передаче персональных данных, гарантирующих то, что получающая сторона обеспечит конфиденциальность и безопасность ваших персональных данных и ограничится целями обработки персональных данных, указанными в настоящей Политике, за исключением случаев, когда российский закон о защите персональных данных позволяет нам передавать ваши персональные данные третьим лицам исходя из других применимых правовых оснований. Мы принимаем все необходимые организационные и технические меры для обеспечения безопасности ваших персональных данных. К этим мерам относятся назначение должностного лица, ответственного за организацию процесса обработки персональных данных, внедрение внутренних средств контроля и/или проведение аудитов соответствия процесса обработки персональных данных действующему законодательству, оценка ущерба, который может быть нанесен субъектам данных в случае нарушения требований, выдвигаемых к обработке и обеспечению безопасности персональных данных в соответствии с действующих законодательством, а также сопоставление такого ущерба с принимаемыми нами мерами по обеспечению безопасности.
You have the right to access your personal information and to request us to rectify the information collected should it be incomplete or contain any errors and you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in terms of section 11(3) of Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI).
Complaints: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator at email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you visit and use our website or Boutiques or otherwise interact with CHANEL’s U.S. operations while in the United States of America, or if you are purchasing CHANEL products via our website / app to be shipped to the United States of America, please read this additional specific provision:
Under this Amendment, Personal Information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, or could reasonably be linked directly or indirectly to you or your household collected by CHANEL from or about:
Individuals who visit:
- CHANEL’s U.S. Boutiques or U.S. freestanding retail counters/corners (i.e. concessions or leased departments) operated by Chanel, Inc.
- Attend events hosted by CHANEL in the U.S.
Individuals who access the following Platforms :
- CHANEL applications (or “apps”) available in the U.S.
- The CHANEL website accessible at www.chanel.com/en_US (or by going to www.chanel.com and selecting “United States”)
- Emails from CHANEL, or emails sent on our behalf through our third party service providers
- Any other CHANEL websites or web pages accessible through the U.S. portion of the CHANEL website or CHANEL mobile apps available in the U.S.
- Promotional websites CHANEL hosts or sponsors directed at consumers in the U.S., such as minisites, including without limitation, https://atelier.chanel.com/, or pages on third party social networking services or apps from which CHANEL collects information
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
CHANEL may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
Category Examples Categories of Third Parties to whom this Information is Disclosed Personal Identifiers First and last name, alias or previous name, address, telephone number, facsimile number, unique personal identifier, signature Other entities in the Chanel Organization; service providers; external advisors (e.g., lawyers, accountants, auditors etc.), Demographic Information Date of birth, gender, physical characteristics or description, language skills, number of children, household income data Other entities in the Chanel Organization and service providers Financial Information Credit or debit card information, bank account number, other financial information Other entities in the Chanel Organization; service providers; external advisors Government Identifiers Driver’s or operator’s license number, passport number Other entities in the Chanel Organization; service providers; external advisors Legally Protected Classification Characteristics Age, citizenship, nationality, marital status, sex Other entities in the Chanel Organization; service providers; external advisors Purchase History Information Customer purchase history or tendencies; products purchased, obtained, or considered; returns; records of personal property Other entities in the Chanel Organization and service providers Internet, Application, and Network Activity Call logs; text messages or emails (content); browsing history; search history; clickstream/online website tracking information; data related to user activity, e.g., browser visits; cookies or other similar technologies, which is typically collected automatically Other entities in the Chanel Organization a service providers Device and Online Identifiers and Related Information Online identifier; Internet Protocol address; email address; account user name; cellular, mobile, or wireless number; social media profile; unique device identifier and serial number; device information Other entities in the Chanel Organization and service providers Location Data Physical location or movements, geo-location data Other entities in the Chanel Organization and service providers Sensory Data Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information Other entities in the Chanel Organization; service providers; external advisors Professional or Employment-Related Information Occupation, title, employer, employment history, education Other entities in the Chanel Organization; service providers; external advisors Inferences Drawn from Personal Information Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, behavior, and attitudes Other entities in the Chanel Organization; service providers
CHANEL collects Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- From you or a member of your household
- From other individuals acting on your behalf, such as personal shoppers or assistants
- From devices associated with you or a member of your household, including through cookies, web beacons or similar technologies when you visit our websites or online applications or open our emails
- Through technology we use in our boutiques
- From other companies affiliated with CHANEL
- From our retail partners that sell our products
- From third-party information brokers
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In addition, Personal Information may be transferred as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of company assets, as well as in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Information would be transferred to another entity. We may share aggregated de-identified or anonymized information and statistical reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for any purpose.
THIRD-PARTY DATA COLLECTION
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you usually can change your browser to prevent the browser from accepting cookies. If you reject cookies, you may still use the Site, but your ability to use some areas and features/functions of the Site may be limited.
Targeted Advertising. For more information about targeted advertising generally and information regarding how to “opt-out” from targeted advertising provided by certain participating companies, visit: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Marketing Communications. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or contacting us at email@example.com
Your Legal Rights. Some consumers may have additional rights with respect to their Personal Information under applicable law, such as:
- Right to access Personal Information. You may be entitled to receive the specific pieces of your Personal Information we hold.
- Right to data portability. You may be entitled to receive a copy of your electronic Personal Information in a readily-usable format.
- Right to disclosure. You may be entitled to receive information regarding the categories of Personal Information we collected, the sources from which we collected Personal Information, the purposes for which we collected and shared Personal Information, the categories of Personal Information that we sold and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold, and the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose in the 12 months preceding your request.
- Right to deletion. You may be entitled to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, in compliance with applicable laws. Please note, however, that we may need or be required to keep such information, such as for our legitimate business purposes or to comply with applicable law.
Right to opt-out of sales of Personal Information to third parties. You have the right to opt out of sales of your Personal Information, as defined under California privacy law.We do not engage in such sales, but you can opt out of other types of sharing link.
Please note that these rights may be limited under applicable laws. For example, we may need to retain certain Personal Information for business purposes, to complete transactions you have requested, to comply with our legal obligations, or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law.
If you wish to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us at via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.550.0005.
Please note that we may require additional information from you in order to verify your identity and process your request. CHANEL will not discriminate against you because you exercise any of the consumer rights described in this section. You may also submit a request via an authorized agent using the email address or phone number above.
Your California Privacy Rights. Under California's "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide Personal Information to us in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information that we disclosed, if any, to other businesses for their own marketing purposes in the immediately prior calendar year. This request may be sent electronically by email to email@example.com or by phone at 1.800.550.0005. We will respond to these requests within 30 days. Written requests may be sent to CHANEL, INC., 9 West 57th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, New York 10019, Attn: Customer Care. Requests for this information that come to us through other channels may result in a delayed response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Sites are not directed to children and we do not intentionally collect or maintain any Personal Information from children under the age of 13 years. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.550.0005.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
The effective date of this Amendment is July 2020.
1.1 Welcome to our CHANEL web site www.chanel.com/en_GB/ (the CHANEL Online Boutique or the Site), the Site from which you can purchase CHANEL branded fragrance and beauty products (the Product). The Products sold on the CHANEL Online Boutique will be provided to you by Chanel Limited (CHANEL, We, Our, Us). Chanel Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 00203669. Our registered address is 5 Barlow Place, London, W1J 6DG and Our VAT number is GB217856541.
1.2 For any questions relating to the use of the Site, an Online Order or CHANEL please contact Our Client Service team which can be reached from Monday - Friday from 11am – 4pm on the following number 0800 028 5005 free of charge. This service can also be accessed on the CHANEL Online Boutique or by email at the following address: Online.email@example.com.
1.3 You can also remotely purchase CHANEL branded Products by phone or email from our Covent Garden Boutique (“Covent Garden Boutique”) which is owned and operated by CHANEL. Please see section 12 of these Terms for more details. For any questions relating to an Order made with our Covent Garden Boutique please contact them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7240 2001 Monday – Sunday from 11am – 5pm.
2.1 Acceptance of Terms
These terms and conditions (Terms) are the terms on which We sell the Products to you. Please read these Terms carefully before ordering any Products. You should keep a copy of these Terms for future reference. Click here to print or download them. We will also file a copy of any Orders made by you on the CHANEL Online Boutique.
These Terms may be changed from time to time where it is necessary for us to do so for legal or regulatory reasons. The Terms applicable to any Order from the Site are those that you agree to when placing your Order. These can be accessed from the Order confirmation email We will send you once you have placed your Order.
These Terms are only available in the English language.
2.2 The ordering process and order confirmations
Your Order constitutes an offer to Us to buy the Product. All Orders are subject to availability and to acceptance by Us. We will send you an email acknowledging receipt of your Order. Please note that this does not constitute acceptance by Us. The contract for purchase of the Product is formed when We send you an email confirming your Order.
If you do not receive an email acknowledging receipt of your Order or an email confirming your Order please check your junk email or email account settings. If you have still not received any email from Us, please contact Our Client Care Team either by Email at Online.email@example.com or by phone at 0800 028 5005.
If a Product you wish to purchase is no longer available We will inform you by telephone or via email as soon as possible. Where this is the case, you will not be charged for the Product and you will be given the option to request that We inform you of the future availability of the Product via email.
3.1 Registration, passwords and security
When you place an Order on the Site, you will have the option to check-out as a guest or to create a client account (“Client Account”). Setting up a Client Account is an easy process and you simply need to complete your details in the My Account section of the Site.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Client Account password and user name and are responsible for all activities that are carried out under them. We do not have the means to check the identities of people using the Site and will not be responsible for losses suffered by you where your password or user name is used by someone else unless this is due to Our negligence. You agree to notify Us immediately by email to Online.firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone on 0800 028 5005 if you become aware of or suspect any unauthorised use of your Client Account.
3.2 Your promises to Us
You confirm that:
- 3.2.1 you are over 18;
- 3.2.2 all information and details provided by you to Us (including on creating a Client Account) are true, accurate and up to date in all respects and at all times. You can update or correct your personal details at any time by amending your Client Account details at www.chanel.com/en_GB/fragrance-beauty/services/login.
- 3.2.3 you are the holder of a valid credit or debit card.
You agree that in using the Site you will not:
- 3.2.4 use the Site for any unlawful purpose;
- 3.2.5 access or attempt to access the accounts of other users or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate the Site’s security measures; or
- 3.2.6 use the Site and any Product you purchase on it for any purpose other than your personal use. This means that We limit the number of items of a single Product you order to four (4) and the total number of Products purchased in one Order to twelve (12) Products and that you should not resell any Products.
3.3 We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to the Site at any time without notice if We have reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of these restrictions. This shall not limit Our right to take any other action against you that We consider appropriate to defend Our rights or those of any other person.
3.4 Intellectual Property
- 3.4.1 CHANEL and its affiliated Chanel companies (collectively The Chanel Companies) own all intellectual property rights in the Products, the Site as a whole and its content, including but not limited to all copyright, design and trade mark rights in names, logos, designs, texts, data compilations, graphics, audio clips, films, photographs, animations, illustrations, drawings, software and computer codes (“Content”), or have been granted all necessary licences to use the same.
- 3.4.2 Use of the Site and its Contents grants you no rights in relation to the intellectual property in the Site. Subject to paragraph 3.3.3, you may not copy, reproduce, duplicate, modify, edit, republish, download, post, broadcast, record, transmit, sell, exploit, or distribute any part of the Site or its Content without Our prior written consent.
- 3.4.3 Subject to these Terms, We grant you a non-exclusive and revocable licence to use the Site for personal use only. Such licence does not permit you to use the Site for commercial use and/or purposes, When you use the Share function on the Site in order to share information from the Site via social media platforms (such as Facebook and Twitter), you acknowledge and agree that you will be sharing this content solely for personal use and/or purposes.
- 3.4.4 Your use of the Site and/or its Content must not in any way cause damage to the Site and its ability to function (including but not limited through the use of data gathering and extraction tools) nor prejudice or damage the reputation of The Chanel Companies or the Products.
- 3.4.5 The purchase by you of the Products from the Site does not entitle you to alter the nature of or repurpose the Product and resell the same. The resale of repurposed or altered Product may infringe the rights of CHANEL.
- 3.4.6 Use of Our intellectual property other than that permitted under this paragraph 3.3 may infringe The Chanel Companies’ rights in the Site and We reserve on Our own behalf and that of The Chanel Companies’ the right to take any appropriate legal actions to protect such rights.
3.5 Links to and from other Websites
- 3.5.1 You may link to pages on the Site where you wish to reference CHANEL products or content. However, if We request you to remove such links to the Site, you must do so immediately. If you fail to remove the links to the Site as requested by Us, we may block your link.
- 3.5.2 Other third party websites may provide links to the CHANEL Online Boutique from time to time. You acknowledge that:
- 188.8.131.52 these websites are not under Our control and We therefore cannot exercise any control over the content of such website;
- 184.108.40.206 the inclusion of a link to the Site does not imply any endorsement of the material contained in such websites nor any association with their operators on Our part;
- 220.127.116.11 We will not be party to any transaction or contract with a third party that you may enter into via such sites; and
- 18.104.22.168 you agree that you will not involve Us in any dispute between you and the third party.
3.6 Gift Message
We provide a complimentary, gift message facility on all Orders, which is available for your own personal and strictly non-commercial use. You are entirely responsible for the text and other content of your gift message to any third party and We accept no liability for any such content. If you choose to use the facility, you agree that your message will not contain any materials which may be interpreted as abusive, racist, obscene, defamatory, offensive, harassing, threatening, vulgar or which could cause distress or embarrassment to any person. You agree not to impersonate any person, including but not limited to any of our employees or customers.
Your message cannot exceed 200 characters and must not contain any material in which a third party owns the intellectual property rights (including but not limited to music lyrics in which copyright subsists).
Your message cannot be changed once your Order is placed. We have the right to refuse to send messages and to terminate access to the gift message service at any time and without liability to you. The gift message facility is currently only available in the English language.
4.1 The price of a Product is the price stated on the Site at the time you place your order except in the case of obvious error. We try and ensure that all prices on Our Site are accurate but errors may occur. If We discover an error in the price of a Product you have ordered before formation of a contract between Us in accordance with paragraph 2.2 of these Terms We will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your Order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel, no payment will be taken from your card.
4.2 Prices on the Site are displayed in GBP (£) and are inclusive of UK Value Added Tax. Delivery charges are not included in the Product price. The total cost of your Order is the price of the Products ordered plus the applicable delivery charges depending on the delivery option you select (the charges are as set out in the Delivery Costs section of the Site). We will let you know the total cost of your Order (including delivery charges based on the delivery option you have selected) prior to your placing of the Order.
4.3 Please note that Product prices may change over time and the prices payable are those on the CHANEL Online Boutique at the time of Order. If you have opted to create a Client Account, the prices displayed on the Orders page within the “My Account” section of the Site will be the price paid by you at the time of that particular Order being placed. Reordering a Product at a later date may therefore present a different price for the same Product at the checkout and, where the Terms have been changed as described in paragraph 2.1, may be subject to different Terms.
4.4 We accept payment credit card and debit cards (VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, Union Pay, JCB and Diners Club). We also accept payment via PayPal and Apple Pay.
4.5 We have set up a secure payment system for all Orders made on the CHANEL Online Boutique. Payments are made on an external platform via the payment provider Adyen and comply with PCI DSS security standards. Payment will be debited from your account at the time of or shortly before despatch of the Product to you. If you are paying via your PayPal account, you agree that you are responsible for payment for all Orders placed using your PayPal account username and password. If you are paying via your Apple Pay account, you agree that you are responsible for payment for all Orders placed using your Apple Pay passcode.
4.6 By placing your Order and making an offer to buy a Product, you authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time and this may include verification checks involving your debit or credit card number or credit reports in order to authenticate your identity; to validate your credit card; to obtain an initial credit card authorisation; to protect you and us from fraud; and to enable us to arrange delivery of your Order to your nominated delivery address.
4.7 We will send you a copy of your invoice as an attachment to the Order confirmation email We send. In addition, where you have opted to create a Client Account, you will have the option to download your invoice from the ‘My Account’ section under My Orders.
4.8 You confirm that the credit/debit card being used is yours. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. Such validation checks may include Us calling you to verify that the credit/debit card belongs to You. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise payment or we cannot verify your identity within 48 hours of contacting you, We will not accept your Order and We will not be responsible for any delay or non-delivery. We shall inform you of such non-acceptance by email. We are not obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal.
4.9 We are not responsible for your card issuer or bank charging you as a result of Our processing of your credit/debit card payment in accordance with your order.
All Orders are presented in signature CHANEL packaging: the origami bag or the signature box. The type of packaging will be allocated automatically depending on the size and quantity of Products within each Order. All Products in the Order are wrapped together within the same packaging. Individual Products cannot be wrapped separately.
During festive periods, CHANEL offers special wrapping. Please note visuals on the website are for reference only and only available while stocks last.
Each Order will be accompanied by samples of Our Products so that you can further explore the range of Products available on the Site. You will have the opportunity to express a preference as to which samples you wish to receive before placing your Order. Samples are however subject to availability and it may be necessary for Us to substitute your first choice of sample with an alternative which We hope will equally delight you.
7.1 We accept Orders for delivery to mainland UK and Northern Ireland only (excluding The Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland). We are also not able to make deliveries to PO Boxes.
7.2 Products will be dispatched by DPD unless you specify an alternative delivery option. Standard and nominated day deliveries are guaranteed within a 1 hour delivery slot (excluding Sundays and holidays) by DPD.
Delivery Costs. Prices shown on the Website do not include delivery. Our Delivery Costs and options are as follows:
Unless otherwise advertised, complimentary Standard delivery is only offered on any Order greater than or equal to fifty GBP (£50). The Next Day Click & Collect service is also complimentary. The delivery costs are added to the total price of the Order at the Checkout.
7.3 Subject to successful verification checks of your credit/debit card and identity in accordance with paragraph 4.8 above, We shall do Our best to dispatch the Product to you as soon as possible after you place your Order, and in accordance with the delivery option you have selected when placing your Order. In any event we shall dispatch your Order not more than 4 working days beginning on the day We confirm your Order. If We are unable to dispatch the Product within that time We will email you to let you know and to give you an estimated delivery date. In these circumstances you have the right to cancel the Order and receive a full refund.
7.4 You shall be informed by email/text when the parcel has been processed by DPD. You will have the option to change the date of delivery and nominate a person to take delivery of the Product on your behalf (within a limit of three (3) working days from the original scheduled delivery date).
In the event that you (or a person identified by you to take delivery of the Product on your behalf) are not available at the time of delivery, you will be contacted by DPD via SMS or e-mail to schedule a new delivery slot. Wherever possible, a notice will also be left at your address that delivery of your Order has been attempted.
7.5 As soon as the Product is delivered to you (or a person identified by you to take delivery of the Product on your behalf), you are responsible for it.
7.6 When collecting a Click & Collect order from your chosen boutique, you will be required to present the CHANEL confirmation email sent to you when your order is ready to collect. If you are not able to present this email you will not be permitted to collect your order.
You are able to nominate a person to collect your order on your behalf. They will also be required to present the CHANEL confirmation email sent to you when your order is ready to collect
7.7 We want you to be happy with your purchase from Us. If you are unhappy with the Product or Order delivered in any way please contact Our Client Service at Online.email@example.com, or 0800 028 5005 as soon as possible.
7.8 Please note that We are only able to investigate problems relating to your delivery with DPD for up to 14 days following your delivery. Failure to contact us within this period of time, may result in us being unable to verify your complaint.
8.1 BEFORE DISPATCH
If you wish to change or cancel your Order prior to the Product(s) having been dispatched or collected you can either select the “cancel” option within the CHANEL Online Boutique ‘My Account’ section, or contact Our Client Care Team with your Order number on 0800 028 5005 Monday - Friday from 11am – 4pm or on Online.firstname.lastname@example.org (if the Order is made via the Site) or for remote Orders made directly with the Covent Garden Boutique by contacting them at email@example.com or 020 7240 2001 Monday – Sunday from 11am – 5pm. Our teams can then discuss what practical options are available to you. In the event that your Order has already been dispatched, please return your Order once received in accordance with Our Returns Policy below.
8.2 AFTER DISPATCH
In light of the current situation, we have extended our returns window from 28 days to 60 days for all Orders placed on 1st March 2020 onwards until further notice. We hope that you will be delighted with your Order. However, if you wish to return the Product(s), you have the right to return your Order within 60 days without giving any reason, even if the Product is not defective. This right is subject to certain conditions as set out below:
- 8.2.1 Your cancellation period will expire 60 days after the day on which you (or a person indicated by you to take delivery, other than the carrier) take delivery or collection of the Products. If your Order is delivered in multiple lots, the 60 days will start counting from the day on which you (or a person indicated by you to take delivery, other than the carrier) takes delivery or collection of the final Products.
- 8.2.2 You must inform Us of your decision to cancel your Order by a clear statement prior to the end of the cancellation period. You may inform us by any of the methods below, however it will help Us to process your refund more quickly if you use Our online returns form (for Online Orders) which can be downloaded from the My Account section of the Site or by calling Our Customer Services Team. Email at Online.firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone 0800 028 5005, Post CHANEL Client Care Department, CHANEL LTD 5 Queensway, Croydon CR9 4DL or for remote Orders placed directly with the Covent Garden Boutique by contacting them at email@example.com or 020 7240 2001 Monday – Sunday from 11am – 5pm
The model cancellation form by following this link. If you use this option, We will communicate to you an acknowledgment of receipt of such a withdrawal on a durable medium (e.g. by email) without delay.
- 8.2.3 You have taken reasonable care of the Product prior to return. In particular, this means that you should not have used the Product and any tags, labels or protective packaging should not have been removed. The Product must be complete and include all brushes, applicators, pouches or any other components that were originally supplied with the Product.
- 8.2.4 You return the Product to Us without undue delay and in any event within 14 days of informing Us of your decision to cancel.
- 8.2.5 You return the Product in suitable packaging to ensure it reaches Us in good condition. In order to ensure the Product reaches us in good condition in accordance with these Terms We recommend you use the original packaging you received the Product in to return it to Us.
8.3 FAULTY PRODUCTS.
Any Product We send you should meet its description on the Site and be fit for purpose. If however a Product is faulty or does not meet the description given on the Site at the time you placed your Order, please contact Our Client Service Team as soon as possible on Online.firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 028 5005 with your Order number (for Online Orders) or for remote Orders placed directly with the Covent Garden Boutique by contacting them at email@example.com or 020 7240 2001 Monday – Sunday from 11am – 5pm.
For faulty Products, please return these to Us at CHANEL Client Care Department, CHANEL LTD 5 Queensway, Croydon CR9 4DL or for remote Orders placed directly with the Covent Garden Boutique to the Covent Garden Boutique at Covent Garden, London WC2E 8RA. Following receipt, We will refund the purchase price, delivery charge and any reasonable shipping costs you incur in returning the Product to Us. Please note that this does not include any costs incurred by you in returning the Products in person.
8.4 RETURNING THE PRODUCT(S).
We recommend that the Products are returned to Us using one of the methods described below:
- 8.4.1 By post to CHANEL LTD 5 Queensway, Croydon CR9 4DL along with the Return Form provided in the delivery package or for remote Orders placed directly with the Covent Garden Boutique, a print out of your email confirmation.
- 8.4.2 Subject to such stores being open, in store at one of the following boutiques: CHANEL stand-alone Fragrance & Beauty boutique at Covent Garden, CHANEL stand-alone Fragrance & Beauty boutique at Old Spitalfields Market or CHANEL stand-alone Fragrance & Beauty boutique at St Pancras International Station. Please check our Store Locater page for more details
Please note that whilst returns can be accepted in our CHANEL stand-alone Fragrance & Beauty boutiques, unless you have remotely purchased the Products directly from the Covent Garden Boutique, your Order will need to be sent back to our warehouse before your refund can be processed.
Please note that returns will not be accepted at any other retail outlet that sells CHANEL products.
- 8.5 For your convenience, where you are returning the Products by post, CHANEL shall either provide you with a prepaid returns label in the package that enables returns of the Product(s) at no cost (the "Prepaid Label") or where no prepaid returns label is included, shall send or email you the returns label or reimburse you for delivery costs for second class signed for delivery on receipt of proof of purchase. Please contact us by sending an email to Online.firstname.lastname@example.org or for remote Orders placed directly with the Covent Garden Boutique at email@example.com.
8.6 EFFECTS OF CANCELLATION.
If you cancel your Order in accordance with paragraph 7.2, We will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by Us or in the event you chose to keep one or more items from your Order).
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay and not later than:
- (a) 14 days after the day We receive back from you any Products supplied, or
- (b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide satisfactory evidence that you have returned the Products.
We will make such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.
8.7 PRODUCTS WHICH MAY NOT BE RETURNED
Please note that, unless they are faulty, you do not have the right to return Products which are sealed for health protection or hygiene reasons where their packaging is unsealed or any protective strip has been removed or damaged. This means that it will not be possible for Us to accept the return of any fragrance or other Product where the cellophane has been unsealed or other protective seal has been removed.
9.1 We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or that of Our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation by Us or Our employees or agents.
9.2 You have certain rights under the law. These include that We have the right to supply the Product to you and that any Products supplied by Us will be of satisfactory quality and as described. You have certain legal remedies if we breach any of these rights. Nothing in these Terms is intended to affect these legal rights or other rights to which you may also be entitled, for example to damages or specific performance.
9.3 If We breach these Terms We shall only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such a breach, up to a maximum of the greater of £100 or the total value of the Order. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and Us at the time of entering into this Agreement.
9.4 We are not responsible for:
- 9.4.1 losses not caused by Our fault;
- 9.4.2 losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and Us at the time of entering into this Agreement, for example loss of profits or loss of opportunity;
10.1 If you breach these Terms and We take no action against you, We will still be entitled to use Our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
10.2 If any part of these Terms is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
10.3 These Terms are not intended to give rights to anyone except you and Us.
10.4 Complaints and disputes
10.5 We will do Our best to resolve any disputes in relation to these Terms. If you wish to take court proceedings against Us you must do so within the United Kingdom. If you live in England or Wales the laws of England and Wales will apply and if you live in Scotland, Scottish law will apply.
10.6 If We are unable to resolve any disputes between Us about this Agreement you have the right to refer the dispute to the EU’s Online Dispute Resolution platform.
If you use the “Click to Call” or “Click to Chat” service, we’ll also collect your name and phone number and/or email address, if you choose to provide it. Your name and personal information will be used solely for the purpose of providing the “Click to Call” or “Click to Chat” service.
By using the CHANEL Online Boutique and “Click to Call” or “Click to Chat” services, you give your express consent to the processing of your data by CHANEL, under these Terms and for the purposes described above. The data collected by CHANEL in the context of the “Click to Call” or “Click to Chat” services shall not be used by CHANEL or its service providers other than in order to provide you with the services described above.
Ordering & Payment
13.1 Once you have selected the Products you would like to purchase, our Beauty Assistants will confirm with you the total cost of your Order, including the price of the Products ordered plus any applicable delivery charges depending on the delivery option you select. We will confirm the total cost of your Order (including delivery charges based on the delivery option you have selected) prior to you providing your payment details.
13.2 We accept payment credit card and debit cards (VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, Union Pay, JCB and Diners Club).
13.3 We have set up a secure payment system for all remote Orders made over the phone. Payment details are made directly into our payment provider’s platform and none of your personal or payment details will be written down. Payment will be debited from your account once your payment has been successfully processed as will be indicated to you by the Beauty Assistant.
13.4 By placing your Order, you authorise us to transmit information about you and this may include verification checks involving your debit or credit card number or credit reports in order to authenticate your identity; to validate your credit card; to obtain an initial credit card authorisation; to protect you and us from fraud; and to enable us to arrange delivery of your Order to your nominated delivery address.
13.5 We will provide you with the physical receipt within your delivery as confirmation of your payment.
13.6 You confirm that the credit/debit card being used is yours. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise, We will not accept your remote Order.
13.7 We are not responsible for your card issuer or bank charging you as a result of Our processing of your credit/debit card payment in accordance with your Order.
13.8 The contract for purchase of the Product is formed once we have successfully taken payment from you. Delivery and Collection
13.9 We accept Orders for delivery to mainland UK and Northern Ireland (excluding The Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland) only, and subject to you agreeing the applicable delivery fee. We are also not able to make deliveries to PO Boxes. We can only accept Orders for same day delivery to London zones 1 - 2.
13.10 Products will be dispatched by DPD unless you select the same day delivery option. Standard deliveries are guaranteed within a 1-hour delivery slot (excluding Sundays and holidays) by DPD. Delivery Costs are dependent on your location and will be quoted to you by phone or email before you place your Order.
13.11 We shall do Our best to dispatch the Product to you as soon as possible after you place your Order, and in accordance with the delivery option you have selected when placing your Order. If We are unable to dispatch the Product within that time We will phone or email you to let you know and to give you an estimated delivery date. In these circumstances you have the right to cancel the Order and receive a full refund.
13.12 If you have consented to your information being shared with our courier partner, You shall be informed by email/text when the parcel has been processed by the courier partner.
13.13 As soon as the Product is delivered to you (or a person identified by you to take delivery of the Product on your behalf), you are responsible for it.
13.14 When collecting an Order from the Covent Garden Boutique, please respect any timings and instructions that you have been provided with. You are able to nominate a person to collect your order on your behalf. Please phone or email the Covent Garden Boutique to notify them of this.
Return & Refunds
13.15 Please see Clause 8 (Cancellation, Returns and Refunds) of these Terms.
13.16 You confirm that:
13.11.1 you are over 18;
13.11.2 all information and details provided by you to Us are true, accurate and up to date in all respects and at all times.
13.17 The other following Terms will also apply to any remote Order you make from our Covent Garden Boutique:
- Clause 2 (About these Terms and Conditions)
- Clause 9 (Our Legal Obligations and Limited on our Liability to you)
- Clause 10 (General)
- Clause 11 (Personal Data and Privacy)
1. DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
1.2 You agree that you shall not make or keep any screen or audio recording of the Online Client Experience yourself.
1.3 You agree that you shall respect the privacy of the Chanel host and the other Online Client Experience attendees by not taking any screenshots of the Online Client Experience, whether that be of the in-meeting chat, the host or any of the participants displays.
All clients must be aged 18 or over.
CHANEL was established in Paris in 1909 by Mademoiselle Chanel as a company selling luxury fashion goods. Today, CHANEL is an independent company that creates, markets, distributes and sells luxury Fragrances & Beauty, Fashion (including Haute Couture, Accessories and Eyewear) and Watches & Fine Jewellery products. Today, the house of CHANEL operates across 70 countries worldwide with over 28,000 employees.
CHANEL is dedicated to creating innovative and desirable products of the highest quality and finest craftsmanship. It invests in the excellence of its products and favour a long-term vision to ensure the longevity of the brand. A large proportion of the products are manufactured in-house in France as well as with select third party partners.
Its supply chain revolves around 2 pillars: “direct procurement” which includes the supply of raw materials, components and finished goods for the manufacture of its products by the three divisions (Fashion, Fragrance & Beauty and Watches & Fine Jewellery); and “indirect procurement”, which includes all other products and services used for the promotional, marketing, distribution and operational activities necessary to operate the company.
- The Fashion division consists of 6 activities: Haute Couture, ready-to-wear, leather goods, shoes, accessories and eyewear, and partners with approximately ~1,400 suppliers, of which 223 are direct suppliers and 95% are located in Europe (mostly in France and Italy).
- The Fragrance & Beauty division has over 635 suppliers, 368 being direct suppliers that support its manufacturing activities as well as the sourcing of the 23 families of ingredients. Approximately ~30% of these partners supply natural raw materials of strategic importance to the brand, giving the company direct access to the source of origin.
- The Watches & Fine Jewellery division has more than 300 suppliers, providing gold and other precious metals, diamonds, pearls and other gemstones across the world.
- Indirect Procurement is a central team set up in 2018 and dedicated to managing all indirect purchasing across the company. Activities include a broad range of areas from promotional, marketing, distribution, printing, and events organisation to maintenance, consulting, auditing, information technology contracts and equipments etc. across the company. It partners with over 24,000 suppliers globally, 550 of which were considered “priority 1” in 2019 as a result of the risk assessment methodology put in place. “Priority 1” suppliers are defined as those with a direct established commercial relationship with CHANEL.
CHANEL is strongly committed to conducting its business in compliance with all applicable laws and in particular, labour and employment-related laws, rules and regulations of every location in which it does business and across its supply chain. This includes, but is not limited to, laws, rules and regulations relating to wages and hours worked, equal employment opportunity, non-discrimination, immigration and work authorisation, privacy, collective bargaining, and child, prison and forced labour. The internal code of conduct, Ethics@Chanel, provides the global ethical principles for all CHANEL employees reflecting the company’s core values and expectations.
CHANEL’s approach to partnering with suppliers is governed by the Responsible Sourcing Policy. Reflecting its internal code of conduct, this policy sets out the expectations and requirements on issues such as forced and slave labour, human rights, the environment and anti-corruption. The company carefully selects its suppliers and business partners, maintaining business relationships with those that share its commitment to high ethical standards. CHANEL expects its suppliers and business partners to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations as well as its Responsible Sourcing Policy.
CHANEL’s Responsible Sourcing Policy focuses on continuous improvement of its suppliers’ processes in connection with the audits performed on sustainability topics. Among them, it specifically requires its partners to comply with all obligations and principles it applies internally relating to Human Rights, whilst also referencing the International Labour Organization’s core conventions governing forced and slave labour. Ongoing support is provided to suppliers by trained professionals in the procurement teams. CHANEL’s Responsible Sourcing Policy’s principles replaced its former policies across all divisions and regions in 2018, including the suppliers of Fragrance & Beauty, Watches & Fine Jewellery and Fashion. These continue to be embedded in its supply chain on an ongoing basis.
CHANEL’s commitment to ensuring the third parties it works with adhere to all applicable labour and employment-related laws has been further strengthened by the roll out of contractual compliance clauses as part of the procurement process, requiring third parties with whom it engages to comply with all relevant laws relating to forced and child labour, discrimination, health & safety, bribery and corruption and environmental regulations. This also requires that all relevant staff receive appropriate training.
Ethics@Chanel was deployed globally in 2015 with continuous reminders for employees on its various chapters since then. It is also part of any new employee’s onboarding plan.
In addition, the company has identified specific teams, including the Purchasing teams, who visit, as part of their job, the production sites of CHANEL and those of its suppliers. Several training and awareness tools and trainings are being developed in-house to enable buyers to better understand human rights and environmental issues, and thus leverage this knowledge in their exchanges with suppliers.
Furthermore, the buyers of the Fragrance & Beauty division have received dedicated training on the commitments of the Responsible Sourcing Policy by qualified professionals, in order to be able to present the document to suppliers and optimize their engagement. In 2019, 100% of the buyers of the Fragrance & Beauty division were trained during a half-day session. The same training will be rolled out in the other divisions in 2020.
Buyers are also specifically trained in the use of a short evaluation methodology. This evaluation method, developed in 2019 by the audit teams, allows buyers to acquire knowledge on the health, human rights or environmental impact that can be used during site visits. In addition, this checklist evalution also helps to assist buyers in implementing the corrective action plans requested at the end of any audit. A pilot training session was conducted in October 2019 and repeated during four sessions in February 2020, raising awareness of this evaluation method with 154 buyers. The plan to deploy this training will continue in 2020 and 2021, notably for the Watch & Fine Jewellery division as well as for the Indirect Procurement team.
In addition to their general auditor training, CHANEL’s Sustainability Excellence Programme (SEP) audit teams (see § “Risk Management”) are also trained by highly skilled experts in targeted questioning and information finding. This comprehensive training enables auditors deployed on site to detect complex situations and achieve a detailed understanding of human rights issues such as forced labour, child labour and discrimination.
The Corporate Sustainability and Compliance programmes overseeing the above policies are managed by central teams in coordination with the divisions and regions of CHANEL. At the highest level, these are led by the Sustainability Committee of the Board of Chanel Limited, which approves the strategy.
The Board's Audit Committee also regularly reviews the sustainability audit results as well as any relevant compliance topics.
At the more operational level, a Sustainability Committee brings together, on a quarterly basis, key players from the divisions and regions, as well as Sustainability Audit Committees at each divisional and regional level, to review and take the necessary actions following the audits of the company’s suppliers and partners.
Once a year, a Compliance Risk Review is organized with each division with Legal and other members of management. This review covers all ethical issues in the business as well as sustainability issues and actions, and is informed in particular by the results of each of the division’s Sustainability Audit Committees.
The due diligence process consists of the following steps:
- Continuing to roll out the Responsible Sourcing Policy across all divisions and regions with education and training of the procurement teams in particular on an ongoing basis.
- Rolling out Compliance screening globally. The finance and compliance teams screen suppliers for sanctions, criminal activities and reputational/media issues. This ensures that CHANEL only works with partners with no links to trade sanctions or sanctioned countries, criminal convictions or human rights violations, or other ongoing proceedings or issues that could damage the reputation of CHANEL. This screening is carried out on a risk basis for new suppliers of the three divisions, and is in the process of being rolled out within the Indirect Procurement department for all indirect sourcing within the regions. In the event of an alert, the Compliance teams conduct a thorough analysis to validate the alert and when confirmed make a recommendation restricting or blocking contact with the supplier. In 2019, approximately ~15,000 suppliers were screened. Only 3% raised alerts but none were confirmed by the Compliance team and did not require a cessation of the business relationship.
- The specific Indirect Procurement team created centrally in 2018 also has the mission to define and update the screening and onboarding guidelines for the company and ensure coherence in the implementation of the responsible sourcing strategy.
- Sharing knowledge and best practices across the three divisions and regions through the Sustainability Audit Committees guarantees consistency and coherence in the company’s approach to supplier due diligence, risk assessment, monitoring and remediation.
- A simplified audit methodology has also been developed and shared with the purchasing teams of each division. This evaluation method allows buyers to develop safety, human rights or environmental impact reflexes that can be mobilised during site visits, and acts as a good preventive measure.
The watchmaking and jewellery activities of the company are a member of the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC) and have been certified according to the Standard Code of practice since 2011. This certification is voluntary and is renewable every three years. The Responsible Jewellery Council is a non-profit organisation bringing together over 1,000 players in the jewellery industry. It aims to promote responsible ethical, social and environmental practices that respect human rights across the jewellery supply chain. This applies to diamonds, gold, metals from platinum mines, silver and coloured stones.
As part of this process, the Company is committed to respecting and implementing the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
As far as diamonds are concerned, it also guarantees compliance with the requirements of the Kimberley Process and the World Diamond Council's « Système de Garanties » ("Guarantee System") to eradicate "conflict diamonds".
Given the various activities of CHANEL and the plurality of risks these can be associated with, the company has adapted the risk assessments to the specificities of its three divisions and Indirect Procurement: the Fashion, Fragrance & Beauty and Watches & Fine Jewellery divisions and Indirect Procurement.
The different risk maps are based on a common policy, yet tailored to the specific issues of each of these divisions. This flexible risk mapping methodology allows the incorporation of feedback from audits and site visits, regulatory and sectoral developments specific to each division and to Indirect Procurement. The risk mapping covers all suppliers with an established business relationship (level 1) with CHANEL who are required to provide extensive and in depth information regarding the traceability of their upstream chain (level 2 and up).
Each methodology incorporates the following core criteria:
- External risk using international databases, indexes as well as internal expert knowledge, presenting risks by country and sector of activity to evaluate criteria such as health and safety, foreign labour, environmental pollution or respect of human rights and fundamental freedoms or bribery risk
- Risk linked to the manufacturing activities, including business criteria such as dependency, spend with the supplier or percentage of purchase within a specific category to assess the importance of this supplier for CHANEL
- Reputational risk for CHANEL
The company’s Risk Management revolves around its Sustainability Excellence Programme (SEP), an internal audit programme with a team specialised in supply chain and third party audits and assessments.
The SEP audits were first developed in 2011. These are performed using a common methodology, which assesses the compliance of suppliers against four main pillars and over 40 themes, using social health and safety and environmental standards such as SA8000, ISO 45001 or ISO 14001, as well as industry standards such as the RJC, SAC Higg Index, or the Leather Working Group and is reviewed annually to incorporate new themes identified during the audit carried out during the year:
- Ethics: regulatory aspects, anti-corruption policies and intellectual property
- Health & Safety: employee well-being and safe working conditions
- Social: regulatory aspects such as wages and insurance, equality policies
- Environmental: risk of pollution in the water, air or soil, waste management, biodiversity impacts
On the basis of these benchmarks and standards, the CHANEL Minimum Requirements have been developed to ensure compliance with common standards regardless of local ones. These Requirements are shared with all auditors, purchasing teams and suppliers during audits.
Issues of non-compliance for each topic are raised during the audit process, to evaluate the suppliers performance and to obtain an overall score corresponding to the SEP performance.
Every quarter, all audits are reviewed during audit committees by divisions, in order to decide on the follow-up to be given to this evaluation. An audited supplier can be either considered as “qualified” and he will be re-audited in the next cycle to keep this qualification, or “in progress” and a corrective action plan will be requested as well as a follow-up audit within 6 months to 2 years. If the SEP performance of this supplier remains insufficient after this time, business can be stopped with the supplier. Those audit committees are also the occasion to review pending and on-going corrective action plan or take decisions about specific actions (see targeted corrective actions).
The SEP team is formed of seven CHANEL internal auditors and ten external auditors, trained and certified for the SEP methodology. These auditors communicate and exchange regularly to ensure consistency in the audit approach and ranking, as well as to share lessons learned and observations. This audit team also relies on independent third-party organisations with local audit teams to provide support for local regulation and cultural approaches tailored to each country.
Since 2012, CHANEL has built its internal capacity and audit programme as shown below:
2019 SEP audit results
In 2019, the SEP auditors conducted 451 audits (covering 470 sites) globally.
These results highlighted the main area of progress to be health and safety - through topics such as chemical management, fire protection or the wearing of protective equipment. This trend is due in part to the lack and/or regulatory weakness of some countries in terms of health and safety, as well as the large proportion of small sites (less than 15 employees), which do not always have the resources to implement health and safety procedures.These would be part of the collaboration put in place by the company through an improvement plan.
Overall grade on social practices is globally satisfactory, which is explained by audits in countries with strong regulatory requirements that supervise companies of all sizes. Nevertheless, this performance should be nuanced by the fact that some audits raised significant social deficiencies such as forced labour, excessive overtime or non-compliant remuneration. For some of those topics such as working time, CHANEL initiated a collaboration with HR Without Frontier (detailed further below) to support suppliers in a process of continuous improvement.
CHANEL takes a zero tolerance approach to findings of forced labour by suppliers. Where audits have raised concerns that a third party supplier does not fully comply with applicable laws relating to forced labour or health & safety and is not willing to change, it immediately stopped working with these suppliers. This represented 4% of audited suppliers in 2019 resulting in 17 suppliers terminated. 95% of the audited suppliers were given improvement recommendations and another 1% a necessary plan of action which included a follow-up audit within 6 months to 2 years.
Targeted corrective actions
In addition to the above audits, CHANEL has been working to develop targeted actions to prevent serious human rights abuses. These targeted actions are the result of the findings identified onsite among CHANEL suppliers, but also of the knowledge shared by the experts who accompany CHANEL on these projects. These actions may involve several countries through a specific theme or sector, or be linked to a situation shared by the globality of suppliers in a given country.
Forced labour: development of a forced labour categorisation grid
In order to allow a more detailed analysis of situations deemed to be at risk by the auditor, a system of categorisation of forced labour (defined as unfree labour in which persons are coerced to work through the use of violence, intimidation or by more subtle means such as accumulated debt, retention of identity papers or threats of denunciation to immigration authorities) has been developed in order to determine the nature of a situation: excessive work, forced labour, child labour, modern slavery.
This grid allows the auditor to make a preliminary diagnosis and answer concrete questions such as: Is the recruitment of this employee the result of a financial debt? Is this employee free to come and go outside the accommodation provided by the employer? Does the employee have travel documents?
Based on this preliminary diagnosis, the audit results are shared with CHANEL's legal teams in order to implement the appropriate actions.
On the basis of this grid, training was provided to all auditors in the SEP audit team, allowing to categorise these situations of forced labour during the 2019 financial year.
Excessive working hours: partnering with HR Without Frontiers
As part of its human rights assessment, prevention and risk management efforts, CHANEL wanted to work specifically on the risks of excessive overtime in certain countries. Human Resources Without Frontiers (HRWF) has the uniqueness of investigating with highly operational methods and a broad experience in the subject. The company has therefore been leveraging their expertise since 2018. Specialising in preventing the risks of abusive work, HRWB is a field NGO proving that unfit working conditions, including forced and child labour, can be prevented without sacrificing product quality and productivity. HRWB builds on the ILO (International Labour Organization) conventions and implements its guiding principles on Equitable Recruitment, a major risk prevention process.
The launch of a comprehensive project involving two key CHANEL suppliers aimed at:
- Equipping both suppliers with solutions to reduce (or maintain the reduction of) excessive overtime
- Validating a replication model of the methodology allowing it to be extended to other suppliers with similar risk profiles.
This project included:
- The analysis and formalisation of practices that work in terms of reducing overtime
- Adapting training modules for local companies to ensure learning and ownership of HR fundamentals
- The trial, within a pilot production department, of the HR management model built with suppliers based on the fundamentals transmitted and the practices observed and validated in the field.
CHANEL seeks ongoing dialogue with stakeholders and experts to help guide and support its human rights approach. The company is, for instance, a member of Shift’s Business Learning Programme (BLP). Shift, a leading centre of expertise on the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, advises and supports individual companies through the BLP, across different industries and regions, on implementation of the UN Guiding Principles. It develops shared learning to support improved business practices with regard to human rights globally. Based on CHANEL’s work with Shift to date, certain raw material supply chains, including mica, gold, and precious stones, have been prioritised as representing a potential risk for rights holders. These raw materials will continue to be a focus for its supply chain responsibility efforts going forward through direct interventions and through its ongoing participation in multi-industry collaborative initiatives.
During the Covid-19 crisis, CHANEL implemented robust health & safety procedures and risk assessments across all if its own sites and has continued working with its suppliers across the three divisions to ensure the same levels of diligence described above were applied during this unprecedented time. The company will continually monitor any specific health and safety requirements for businesses in light of COVID-19 and work with its suppliers to ensure that these are being followed.
CHANEL’s commitment to comply with applicable laws, in particular labour laws and ensure the prohibition of the use of forced labour is an ongoing process. The steps described above form part of a long-term programme to tackle all of the risks encountered in its supply chain, including the issue of forced labour. The company recognises that the complexity of its global supply chain will require an ongoing commitment to continually monitor this and other issues and find ways to improve its responsible sourcing practices in order to achieve this long-term goal.
In addition, as part of its responsible and sustainable sourcing approach, CHANEL published its Report to Society in 2018 (http://services.chanel.com/i18n/en_US/pdf/Chanel_CSR_0305_Proof_180620_for_web.pdf) and is and will be working on:
- Improved traceability for all strategic raw materials;
- Even greater collaboration with all its suppliers and other stakeholders to address all issues along the supply chain
- The roll out of global risk assessments for all purchasing categories including developing tools for the Indirect Procurement team to assess the risk for new suppliers;
- Implementation of an enterprise-wide non-financial reporting system to facilitate reporting of aggregate results which touch on these issues
- Ongoing remediation efforts to address risks where found;
- Ongoing training of employees to raise awareness of these issues through Ethics@Chanel and procurement training sessions globally; and
- Continued roll out of contractual compliance clauses and trainings as part of the updated procurement process.
Global Chief Sustainability Officer
Approved by the Board of Chanel Limited on 25 June 2020.
Chanel is one of the world's leading designers, developers, manufacturers, and marketers of luxury fragrance and beauty, fashion, watch and fine jewellery products. Chanel is known for its original and sophisticated designs and commitment to quality in everything that it does. Chanel's fragrance and beauty products are sold mainly in highend department and specialty stores and other carefully selected points of sale operated primarily by third parties. Its fashion, watch and fine jewellery products are sold mostly in Chanel-owned or operated boutiques, but also in a limited number of department stores, watch specialists and fine jewellers. Paying the right amount of taxes, in the right places, at the right times, is core for Chanel and its commitment to being a responsible business.
The following tax strategy is applicable for the financial year ending 31 December 2021 and is also applicable to all of Chanel Limited’s UK subsidiaries.
Chanel’s tax strategy is compliance-based; its strategy is to account for tax on an accurate and timely basis and to pay taxes within the due dates. Compliance for Chanel also means disclosing all relevant facts and circumstances to the tax authorities, and claiming reliefs and incentives where available.
When considering the structure of its business activities, Chanel takes into account consideration of the UK’s tax laws when looking to maximise value on a sustainable basis for shareholders. Chanel does not put into place any schemes, arrangements or tax planning that could be perceived as being contrived or artificial in nature. Given the peculiarities of its business and the volume of tax obligations, Chanel is inevitably exposed to tax uncertainties, which Chanel actively seeks to identify, evaluate, monitor and manage. Where there is significant complexity in relation to a tax issue, Chanel seeks external, expert advice.
Chanel is committed to the principles of openness and transparency in its approach to dealing with HMRC, with the objective of minimizing tax uncertainties. Chanel does not take positions on tax matters that may create reputational risk or jeopardise its good standing with the UK tax authority. However, Chanel is, if necessary, prepared to defend its positions where it disagrees with a ruling or decision of a tax authority, having always first sought to resolve the disputed matter through active and transparent discussions.
This document, approved by the Board of Directors of Chanel Limited, sets out Chanel’s policy and approach to conducting its tax affairs and dealing with tax risk, and is made available to all of Chanel’s stakeholders. The Finance and Legal teams will periodically review this document and the Board of Directors of Chanel Limited will approve any amendments to it. This tax policy is aligned with “Ethics at Chanel” (Chanel’s Global Code of Conduct). Its publication is regarded as satisfying the statutory obligation under Part 2, Schedule 19, Finance Act 2016.
Under the Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017, all companies with 250 or more employees are required to annually report their Gender Pay Gap based on calculations of the difference between the average earnings of men and women. Our statement sets out the information in relation to Chanel Limited and our continued commitment to equality at CHANEL.