IMPORTANT! Please carefully read the following terms and conditions ("Terms") governing your use (including access, browsing and/or use of any interactive features) of those portions of the CHANEL website accessible at www.chanel.com, as well as and including any other CHANEL websites or web pages accessible through the CHANEL website or other promotional websites CHANEL hosts or sponsors such as minisites or pages on third party social networking services, directed at consumers in the United States, including those portions of the CHANEL website accessible by going to www.chanel.com and selecting “United States” under the listings that appear below “America” on the “Languages” page or link, (collectively the “Sites”).
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE TERMS CONTAIN PROVISIONS THAT GOVERN THE RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES BETWEEN US AND YOU AND LIMIT OUR LIABILITY TO YOU (SEE “AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES” BELOW). THESE PROVISIONS SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT AND TO HAVE A JURY HEAR YOUR CLAIMS. IT CONTAINS PROCEDURES FOR MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
Use of the Sites is subject to these legally binding Terms and constitutes your agreement to be bound by and to act in accordance with these Terms. We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time. Any such changes will be posted on the Sites and you agree to be bound by such changes.
2. Ownership Rights/Use of Sites Materials
Chanel, Inc. and/or its worldwide affiliates (“CHANEL”) own all right, title and interest in and to the Sites and/or own the content and applications on the Sites (including on social network websites).
CHANEL owns all copyrights for all material on the Sites or has a valid right from a third party to use the material on the Sites. CHANEL also owns all trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and domain names used on or in connection with the Sites or has a valid right from a third party to use any such material. Any modification or use of the materials from the Sites for any purpose not explicitly permitted is a violation of CHANEL's copyright and other proprietary rights. Certain functionality provided via this website may be covered by U.S. Patent 5,930,474.
No part of the Sites may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any manner whatsoever, except for viewing purposes, without the prior written consent of CHANEL. This prohibition also includes framing any content from the Sites, as well as unauthorized linking.
3. Disclaimer/Limitation on Liability
Use of and browsing in the Sites are at your own risk. Neither CHANEL nor any party representing or otherwise affiliated with CHANEL in creating or presenting the Sites are liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages arising out of your use of the Sites, except where such liability or damage is the result of CHANEL’s own negligence, fraud, willful injury or willful violation of law. To the extent permitted by law and without limiting any of the foregoing, everything on the Sites is provided to you on an "as is" basis, without warranty, either express or implied, of any kind, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a specific purpose, freedom from computer virus, or non-infringement.
CHANEL is not responsible for third party websites that link to or from the Sites. CHANEL does not endorse any such sites or the goods or services offered on such sites. CHANEL disclaims all responsibility for the accuracy of any of the information provided on such linked sites and any goods or services provided or purchased from such sites. CHANEL shall not be held liable or responsible for the content of any sites that link to or from the Sites.
5. Accuracy of Information
CHANEL takes reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information included in the Sites. However, CHANEL takes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the content of the Sites and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of information provided on the Sites. Information provided on the Sites is subject to change at any time without prior notice.
When applicable, prices displayed on the U.S. portion of the CHANEL website are shown in U.S. dollars and do not include taxes. Prices are provided for informational purposes and are not binding. Please also note that prices shown may vary between the U.S. mainland, Hawaii, Guam and Saipan. The price displayed is based on such jurisdiction as inferred from your computer IP address. Prices remain subject to change without notice.
Prices for Fine Jewelry pieces displayed on the U.S. portion of the CHANEL website are based on size n°52 or Medium and are likely to vary for smaller or larger sizes.
7. No Waiver
The failure on the part of CHANEL to enforce any part of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any of CHANEL's rights hereunder for past or future actions.
By submitting a question, comment, communication or other content (“Statement”) to Chanel.com (the “Site”), you hereby grant CHANEL the perpetual, worldwide right and permission to use, post and repost your Statement, in whole or in part, either alone or accompanied by other material, with or without with your name, for any purpose whatsoever, including advertising, promotion or trade, in any media now known or hereafter invented, including, but not limited to, any and all Internet media (including the Site and any other CHANEL websites and applications, third party sites, and social networking sites), in all forms of print, point-of-sale and publicity materials (e.g., press releases) and in CHANEL’s email marketing campaigns and newsletters.
You warrant and represent that all of the Statements you have made regarding CHANEL and/or its products are true and accurately reflect your honest opinion of and experience with CHANEL and its products. You have made the Statements without any prior payment or promise of payment, or any other benefit having been made to me and without any expectation by you of any payment or benefit in return. You agree to notify CHANEL immediately if any of the Statements no longer represent your true and honest experience and opinions. You further warrant and represent that you are not an employee of Chanel nor are you a paid spokesperson for Chanel.
You agree that the Statements made by you may be used in whole or in part and may be paraphrased, amplified, shortened and/or put into conversational form to meet the requirements of copy or layout, provided that the general sense is not changed. You further agree that the Statements made by you may be modified and/or altered by Chanel to remove any store names and/or personally identifiable information or other sensitive information about yourself or others.
CHANEL expects all of its users to be respectful of other people. Your Statement will not be posted if it violates the following guidelines (“Guidelines”) which prohibit any Statement that contains any of the following types of content:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not appropriate for this Site or any public forum.
- Advertisements, 'spam' content, or references to other products, offers, or websites.
- Any content or materials which you do not own and/or are otherwise infringing or for which you have not secured all necessary rights.
- Email addresses, URLs (chanel.com ok), phone numbers, physical addresses, or other forms of contact information.
- Comments that harass, abuse, disparage, and/or defame another person or entity, including any other authors who post to this Site or any of their comments.
- Discussion of medical conditions or claims of medical effectiveness.
- Content that is false or misleading.
- Content that is unlawful or promotes unlawful activities.
CHANEL will make all determinations as to what Statements are appropriate for this Site and in compliance with these Guidelines in its sole discretion.
9. Chanel Text Program Terms & Conditions and Consent to Use of Electronic Records
By agreeing to receive Chanel text messages, you are agreeing to receive recurring autodialed marketing messages at the mobile number that’s been provided at opt-in. Autodialed messages are text messages and calls Chanel dials using equipment that can dial numbers that are stored or produced by random or sequential number generators. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Message & data rates may apply. If you would like to be removed from the Chanel text list you must text STOP in response to a Chanel text message or contact customer care at 1.800.550.0005 or firstname.lastname@example.org. After texting STOP you may receive one additional message confirming that your request has been processed. In the event that you change or deactivate your mobile number it is your responsibility to notify Chanel at 1.800.550.0005 or email@example.com to have your number removed.
Additionally, Chanel reserves the right to alter message frequency at any time i.e. we may change the frequency of texts that you receive under this program. We will notify you via text if we change the frequency and provide you with the opportunity to opt out.
You also agree to the use of electronic documents and records by Chanel. Moreover, by consenting to receive text message ads from Chanel, you further agree that Chanel may use electronic documents and records when obtaining your consent to receiving Marketing Communications. You agree that the use of electronic records satisfies any legal obligations Chanel has to provide information about your consent to you in writing. If you do not agree to this, you should not agree to the terms. You have the right to receive a paper copy of all documents that Chanel is legally required to deliver to you in writing. You can 1) request a paper copy of such documents, including the agreement to receive autodialed text messages from Chanel; 2) withdraw your consent to the use of electronic records; or 3) update your contact information by calling Chanel at 1.800.550.0005 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or updating your information at https://www.chanel.com/.
You must have certain equipment and software in order to receive the electronic records associated with your consent to receiving text message ads from Chanel. You will need either a web browser equivalent to what you are now using to view this web page or at least Explorer 11.0, Firefox version 60.0 or later, Google Chrome version 66.0 of later, Safari version 11.0 or later, or an equivalent browser. You will need computer hardware and software that is required to run the particular browser. To retain your records, you must have computer hardware and software capable of saving the web page viewed by your web browser. You may also print the records if you have a printer and appropriate hardware and software for printing pages viewed by your browser. In registering your consent online, you are indicating your signature to and acceptance of these terms and the consent to the use of electronic records as well as confirming that you have equipment meeting the above receipt, access, and retention requirements.
The limitation of liability described in section 3 above, the Agreement to Arbitrate Disputes described in section 10 below, and the Severability provisions described in section 11 below, all apply to Chanel’s text messaging activity. PLEASE REVIEW THESE PROVISIONS CAREFULLY.
10. Agreement to Arbitrate Disputes
WE BOTH AGREE TO ARBITRATE.
NO CLASS ACTIONS.
The arbitration before the AAA shall proceed solely on an individual basis without the right for any claims to be arbitrated on a class action basis or on a basis involving claims brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of others. The arbitrator’s authority to resolve and make written awards is limited to claims between you and CHANEL alone. Claims may not be joined or consolidated unless agreed to in a writing by all parties. No arbitration award or decision will have any preclusive effect as to issues or claims in any dispute with anyone who is not a named party to the arbitration. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO MAINTAIN OTHER AVAILABLE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESSES, SUCH AS A COURT ACTION, OR A CLASS ACTION. If you initiate a litigation or any other proceeding against CHANEL in violation of this paragraph, and CHANEL is the prevailing party in any such litigation or proceeding, you agree to pay Chanel’s reasonable costs and attorneys’ fees incurred in connection with its enforcement of this paragraph.
REPRESENTATIVE PAGA WAIVER.
Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms or the Agreement to Arbitrate, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (1) you and CHANEL expressly intend and agree not to assert a representative action on behalf of others under the Private Attorneys General Act of 2004 (“PAGA”), California Labor Code § 2698 et seq., in any court or in arbitration, and (2) for any claim brought on a private attorney general basis, including under the California PAGA, both you and CHANEL agree that any such dispute shall be resolved in arbitration on an individual basis only (i.e., to resolve whether you have personally been aggrieved or subject to any violations of law), and that such an action may not be used to resolve the claims or rights of other individuals in a single or collective proceeding (i.e., to resolve whether other individuals have been aggrieved or subject to any violations of law) (collectively, “representative PAGA Waiver”). Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, this Agreement to Arbitrate, or the Rules, disputes regarding the scope, applicability, enforceability, revocability or validity of this representative PAGA Waiver may be resolved only by a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator. If any provision of this representative PAGA Waiver is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason: (i) the unenforceable provision shall be severed from these Terms; (ii) severance of the unenforceable provision shall have no impact whatsoever on the Agreement to Arbitrate or the requirement that any remaining Covered Disputes be arbitrated on an individual basis pursuant to the Agreement to Arbitrate; and (iii) any such representative PAGA or other representative private attorneys general act claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration. To the extent that there are any Covered Disputes to be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction because a civil court of competent jurisdiction determines that the representative PAGA Waiver is unenforceable with respect to those Covered Disputes, the Parties agree that litigation of those Covered Disputes shall be stayed pending the outcome of any individual Covered Disputes in arbitration.
EXCEPTIONS TO ARBITRATION.
This Agreement to Arbitrate shall not require arbitration of the following types of Covered Disputes (1) small claims actions brought on an individual basis that are within the scope of such small claims court’s jurisdiction; (2) a representative action brought on behalf of others under PAGA or other private attorneys general acts, to the extent the representative PAGA Waiver of such action is deemed unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction under applicable law not preempted by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. sec. 1-16).
OPT-OUT OF AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE.
You can reject this Agreement to Arbitrate by emailing CHANEL at email@example.com and providing the requested information as follows: (1) Your Name; (2) the URL of the Terms and Agreement to Arbitrate Disputes; (3) Your Address; (4) Your Phone Number; (5) and clear statement that you wish to opt out of this arbitration provision in the Terms. The Opt-Out Notice must be emailed no later than 30 days after the date you first accept the Terms by using the CHANEL Sites.
THIS LEGAL STATEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in this Legal Statement, you irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. You agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.11. Severability If any term of these Terms is to any extent illegal, otherwise invalid, or incapable of being enforced, such term shall be excluded to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability; all other terms hereof shall remain in full force and effect; and, to the extent permitted and possible, the invalid or unenforceable term shall be deemed replaced by a term that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of such invalid or unenforceable term. If application of this Severability provision should materially and adversely affect the economic substance of the transactions contemplated hereby, the Party adversely impacted shall be entitled to compensation for such adverse impact, provided the reason for the invalidity or unenforceability of a term is not due to serious misconduct by the Party seeking such compensation.
CHANEL may change these Terms at any time by posting changes on the Sites. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting. The continued use of the Sites constitutes your agreement to any revised Terms.
The Sites are not intended to provide any medical information about the skin or otherwise.
BY USING THE SITES, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND AGREEMENT TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE.
LAST UPDATED: September 2019
CHANEL, 2019 All Rights Reserved
CHANEL highly cares about your privacy and data protection.
We are committed to offering the highest standards of products and services. Thus, we value each of our existing or prospective client and aim at maintaining appropriate protection of your personal data (“Data”).
Country-specific amendments referred to below may in some cases additionally apply to offline Data collection. If so, the Country-specific amendment will disclose that it applies to online and offline Data collection.
CHANEL has implemented a robust data protection compliance program, which includes the adoption of the high-standard data protection principles of the applicable data protection laws at a global level and in particular the:
a. conclusion of an Intra Group Data Transfer Agreement (“IGTA”), which are based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. They should ensure the same level of protection by all CHANEL entities and allow transfers of Data within CHANEL’s organization globally;
b. creation of a Data Protection Office and a network of local data protection contacts;
c. adoption of internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations;
d. implementation of appropriate technical and organizational measures to implement the data protection principles.
The CHANEL Platforms and related data processing are operated / carried out by or on behalf of the respective CHANEL entity (“CHANEL” or “we”) as set out . Such CHANEL entity may further share information with its affiliates in accordance with the safeguards foreseen in this policy (see Section 5 below). Any online sales on the e-commerce section of the website are made by the respective CHANEL entity as set out in the applicable Terms of Sales.
If you want to contact CHANEL or its Global Data Protection Office, please see under “10. How to contact CHANEL for privacy queries” below.
The specific type and scope of Data we collect about you depend on your activity on, and interaction with, the Platforms (e.g., whether you only browse through our Platforms or purchase a product or subscribe to our marketing communication) as well as the country in which you use the Platforms. The following Data may be collected through our Platforms :
a) Information collected when you use the CHANEL Platforms for informative purposes only
- Information relating to your website use (“Log Data”) :
When you use our Platforms for informative purposes only (e.g., you do not register on, purchase via or otherwise submit your Data through the website), your internet browser automatically collects, and transfers to us, certain basic information relating to your website use. Such Log Data may include :
- your browser type and version,
- your operating system and interface,
- used device,
- language preference,
- the website from which you are visiting us (referrer URL),
- webpage(s) you are visiting on our Platforms,
- date and time of your visit,
- part of your internet protocol (IP) address,
- your actions taken on the Platforms, and
- the name of your access provider.
- Information processed by external social media providers (“Social Media Data”):
Our Platforms contain share buttons that enable you to share CHANEL content with your friends through third party media platforms and /or social networks (such as Facebook and Instagram, “External Platforms”). The mere use of our Platforms does generally not involve data processing activities (including data transfers) in relation to the External Platforms. However, when you use the share button, these External Platforms may collect and otherwise process personal data about you.
For more information about the scope and purposes of the data processed by the External Platform provider, including your rights and setting option to protect your privacy, please see the privacy notice of the respective External Platform provider.
- Information processed through cookies (“Cookie Data”) :
- Information on parties to fight counterfeiting (“Anti-Counterfeit Data”) :
In order to fight against counterfeiting and infringement, CHANEL has set up automated processes to collect information on companies or individuals who commit or are likely to commit acts that violate our rights in the context of the Platforms. This information will be accessible to any company legally authorized to use the CHANEL trademarks that has been a victim of such violations, for the purpose of taking action or any necessary measures to protect their rights. We collect the following Anti-Counterfeit Data :
- identification information
- postal address
- information related to any electronic means used for counterfeit activities
- judiciary information related to proceedings
In addition, CHANEL periodically reviews social media sites and other online platforms to detect unauthorised sellers of CHANEL products.Some Data are collected from public sources (such as third parties websites).
b) Information collected when you purchase a CHANEL product (“Purchase Data”)
If you purchase a CHANEL product through our Platforms, we will collect Data through the purchase form to process the purchase order.
If you purchase a CHANEL product through your account (see Section c) below), we additionally process your purchase history.
c) Information collected when you create an account on the Platform (“Account Data”)
If you create an account on the Platform to be able to order faster, track your order, create and keep your wishlist and / or receive exclusive news about CHANEL products (if requested), we will collect Account Data through the account creation form.
d) Information collected when you subscribe to the CHANEL newsletter or other marketing communication (“Marketing Data”)
If you subscribe to our newsletter or other marketing communication via the Platforms in order to receive information on CHANEL collections, products, campaigns, shows and other events, we will collect Marketing Data through the Newsletter subscription form.
e) Information collected when you otherwise interact with us via the Platforms (“Request Data”)
- The Platforms enable you or facilitate to get in touch with us, including to exercise your rights under Section 8 (as applicable), or share your opinion on CHANEL products and services in many other ways than described above, e.g., via e-mail, telephone, letter or a data subject access request. The collection of Data depends on how you interact with us and what information you provide us with. If you contact us via the contact us form available on the Platforms, we collect the following Data :
- area of interest,
- topic/ purpose of the contact,
- title / gender,
- name (first name and surname),
- email address,
- further Data you share on a voluntary basis (e.g. postal address, phone number, your concern), and
- the content of your query or responses to surveys and questionnaires provided to us.
- If you contact us to exercise your data subject rights (as applicable), we usually collect the following Data, depending on how you address the data subject rights request :
- type of relationship with CHANEL (e.g., customer, employee or other),
- name (first name and surname),
- type of request (e.g. rectification or deletion request),
- contact details,
- country of residence,
- further request details necessary to process your request (e.g. identification details), and
- the content of your request provided to us.
If you make a service request (e.g., repair order, booking or warranty claim), we may collect the following Data :
- title / gender,
- name (first name and surname),
- contact details,
- product purchased,
- date of purchase, and
- further details relevant to address your request.
- The website CHANEL.com offers click-to-chat and click-to-call functionalities.
Click-to-chat enables you to start a live chat with, and enjoy real-time support by our customer service. You can contact our customer service via live chat either as a guest or as a registered customer. In the latter case, the customer service may have access to certain portions of your Account Data in order to process and answer your request, such as:
- your name,
- contact details.
Click-to-call allows you to request a callback through the Platforms. If you request a callback, we collect:
- your phone number, and
- your preferred time for the callback.
f) Information collected when you apply for a job at CHANEL or its affiliates (“Applicant Data”)
If you apply for a job at CHANEL or its affiliates via the Platforms, we collect the following Data relating to your application:
- title / gender,
- name (first name and surname),
- country and city of residence,
- postal address,
- email address,
- phone number,
- educational level,
- spoken languages,
- work experience,
- further CV information,
- your preferred entry date, and
- further Data you may submit.
g) Information collected about you from third party partners
From time to time we may collect Data about you from third party partners (in order to enrich our data sets) or instruct such third party partners to provide their own Data about you to external platforms (“Third Party Data”) in order to provide you with tailored information about our products, services and events on external platforms or via such third parties.
Important General Notice : When we collect personal data through forms, including but not limited to electronic forms, we will indicate the mandatory fields via asterisks. Failure to provide the data marked with an asterisk could prevent you from accessing our products and / or services. While submitting any Data, including multimedia content (photographs, videos etc.), please ensure it is accurate and do not transmit any sensitive Data such as health information, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, information on your sex life or sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin, nor any content which is not expressly requested through a questionnaire or any other collection method (such as commercial information, advertising, personal creations, ideas, or concepts), unless this is required in exceptional cases (e.g. to report allergies).
Our website does not specifically focus on minors. If we should nevertheless inadvertently collect such information, the minor's legal representative can exercise the minor’s rights on his/her behalf and on his/her name at any time (see below).
If you are an existing or prospective client of, or if you apply for a job at CHANEL or otherwise interact with CHANEL via the Platforms, we may use your Data for the following purposes (“Processing Purposes”) :
- enable you to browse through our Platforms and to use your personal online account (“Platform-related Purposes),
- enable you to obtain information on our products and services from our Customer Care Center, in our “Contact us” section for instance (“Request-related Purposes”),
- enable you to purchase CHANEL products through our Platforms, in our CHANEL boutiques and other points of sale (“Purchase-related Purposes”),
- enable you to access CHANEL services in our CHANEL boutiques and other points of sale, or on our Platforms – for instance, to book an appointment or to create a CHANEL product wish list (“Service-related Purposes”),
- enable you to access our extensive after-sales care services on our CHANEL products (“After Sales-related Purposes”)
- respect our legal obligations, including inter alia cosmetics regulations, the protection of our distribution networks, the fight against money laundering, credit card fraud, the fight against counterfeit and processing your data subject rights requests (“Regulatory-related Purposes”),
- collect your opinion on our CHANEL products and services, in particular via surveys and questionnaires (“Product Improvement-related Purposes”),
- establish statistics, financial and commercial studies (“Studies-related Purposes”),
- keep you informed about our latest collections, products, campaigns, shows and other events by sending you our CHANEL communications (by electronic mail, by post or via your phone: calls, chat, SMS and MMS and third-party media platforms; “Marketing-related Purposes”),
- improve our understanding of your interests and preferences so that we can deliver personalized offers and other services that would correspond better to your needs and wishes (“Preference-related Purposes”),
- process your application, including checking open positions via internal and external experts in the case of job applicants as well as maintain an applicant pool in order to be able to match future positions with potential candidates (“Application-related Purposes”).
Each processing of your Data is legally based on your consent, the necessity to carry out a contract with you, a legal obligation and / or our overriding legitimate interest depending on the purpose of the processing.
Details of the legal basis justifying the data processing are set out .
Within the CHANEL Organization. To the extent permitted by law and taking into account the protection of your rights and freedoms in respect of the processing of your Data, your Data will only be accessible to a limited and defined number of recipients within the global CHANEL entities (“CHANEL Organization”) as further described below. We may transfer your Data to another legal entity for the purposes of a collaboration, joint venture, corporate reorganization, change of legal form or other similar event. In case of a merger or sale, your Data will be permanently transferred to the successor company. Anti-Counterfeit Data will be accessible to any company legally authorized to use the CHANEL trademarks that has been a victim of such violations, for the purpose of taking action or any necessary measures to protect their rights. You can find a list of the relevant CHANEL entities .
If you are an existing or prospective client of CHANEL or otherwise interact with CHANEL via the Platforms (except by way of a job application), only the CHANEL employees within the CHANEL Organization that are working within the teams that need to have your information (for example, Customer Relationship Management, Commercial Management, Legal, Compliance and IT) will access your Data.
Chanel may also send you communications relating to products or events related to the activities of other entities of the Chanel Organization such as, for example, our Maisons d'Art Barrie, Goossens, Maison Michel, Orlebar Brown or Maison Eres.
Third Parties outside of the CHANEL Organization. We may in limited cases transfer your Data to governmental agencies and regulators (e.g. tax authorities), courts, and government authorities, all in accordance with applicable law and to external advisors (e.g., lawyers, accountants, auditors etc.), all acting as controllers. In this context CHANEL may also have to transfer your Data to third parties when it receives a request by an authority empowered by law to do so, pursuant to applicable laws and regulations. If you apply for a job through the Platforms, the CHANEL entity receiving your application (see Section 2) may forward your application to external recruitment firms as necessary.
Service providers (within and outside CHANEL) : Your Data will generally not be disclosed to recipients outside the CHANEL Organization. In some cases, however, CHANEL makes use of external service providers acting on behalf of CHANEL on the basis of contractual arrangements which will include strict data protection obligations. We will in particular provide your Data to service providers or suppliers (this may include other CHANEL group companies) as part of our normal business operations to carry out certain IT-related tasks and who assist us in operating our Platforms, conducting our business, servicing you or protecting the security and integrity of our business (including IT maintenance, security and support service provider, hosting provider, payment provider, marketing and advertising partners, mailing or emailing services or customer care center).
Data disclosure as set out in Section 5 above may involve a transfer of your Data to countries that do not provide the same level of data protection. Applicable legal and regulatory requirements are taken into consideration before any cross border transfer of your Data.
- Any Data transfers outside your country that do not provide an adequate level of data protection will be secured through appropriate contractual guarantees which will also be in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, such as EU Standard Contractual Clauses;
- Data transfers among CHANEL entities will ultimately be covered by the IGTA.
- The transfer of Data may also be based on your prior consent. Please note that, if you are an European Union or UK citizen, such a transfer may include possible risks if the country where your data is transferred to has not been recognized by European Union or UK authorities as granting sufficient data protection level (absence of an adequacy decision) and appropriate safeguards.
You may receive relevant portions of the aforementioned documents upon request as required by applicable law.
Your Data generally (other than Applicant Data) :
Alongside the commitment to offering the highest standards of services and products, we consider that our products should entitle you to personalized client treatment and incomparable after-sales services that may last for a lifetime for some products. For this purpose, and to ensure such services, we may need to keep your personal data for as long as it is needed for the provision of such services. Your Purchase Data will be retained until your last use or purchase of our services or goods as required or permitted by applicable local law or where we have a legitimate and lawful purpose to do so and in any case.
For any product sold on our website, we may keep your data for as long as it is necessary to comply with applicable legislation regarding product guarantee and safety and in order to follow up with you on the results of the product and offer you continuous advice. Your further Data will be retained as long as required by applicable local law or to the extent we have a legitimate and lawful purpose to do so. Please note that the storage period provided by legislation may vary per country.
Applicant Data :
We welcome and value applications from talented candidates. Subject to your consent, we may keep your Data on file for up to 2 years following your last visit to our candidate space and contact you if another appropriate opportunity arises if your previous application on the “Careers” section of our Platforms is not successful. In case you choose not to be contacted for future opportunities, your Data will be kept for up to 6 months after the end of the respective application process, unless shorter or longer retention is permitted or required by applicable local law.
You may have the following rights to the extent and as provided by the law applicable to you which you can exercise through the contact details provided in Section 10 :
- A right of access and information : you have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form of the way in which your Data is processed. You also have the right to obtain (i) confirmation as to whether or not Data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case (ii) to access such Data and obtain a copy thereof.
- A right to rectification : you have the right to obtain the rectification of your Data. You also have the right to have incomplete Data completed.
- A right to erasure : in some cases, you have the right to obtain the erasure of your Data. However, this is not an absolute right and CHANEL may have legal or legitimate grounds for keeping such Data.
- A right to restriction of processing : in some cases, you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your Data.
- A right to data portability : you have the right to receive your Data which you have provided to CHANEL, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit those Data to another controller without hindrance from CHANEL. This right only applies when the processing of your Data is based on your consent or on a contract and such processing is carried out by automated means.
- A right to object to processing : you have the right to object to processing of your Data when such processing is based on the legitimate interest of CHANEL. CHANEL may, however, invoke compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing. You also have the right to object at any time to the processing of your Data for marketing purposesous.
To unsubscribe from our “Newsletter” you may also use the above channels or simply by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each Newsletter.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
Cookies are pieces of information that any website or other Platforms may transfer to your browser that are then stored in your computer system. For example, the deposit of cookies enhances your online experience by allowing us to save your preferences.
When you use the Platforms, we send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits of our Platforms. Your web browser may provide you with some options regarding cookies. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of the services provided via the Platforms to their fullest potential. We use third party cookies in connection with the services provided via the Platforms as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. We do not process or respond to web browsers' "do not track" signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who visit our Platforms or use the services provided via our Platforms.
- personalize our Platforms and the services provided via our Platforms, such as remembering your Data so that you will not have to re-enter it during your use of, or the next time you use, our Platforms and the services provided via our Platforms;
- provide customized advertisements, content, and information adapted to your profile;
- monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our Platforms and the services provided via our Platforms and third-party marketing activities adapted to your profile;
- monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities offered through our Platforms and the services provided via our Platforms (services adapted to your profile). For example, this may help us to monitor rates of emails opened. Tracking technology also helps us manage and improve the usability of the Platforms, (i) detecting whether there has been any contact between your computer and us in the past and (ii) to identify the most popular sections of the Platforms.
We may also collect your shortened IP address on a non-readable basis, which does not allow us to directly identify you.
Depending on the local version of the Platform you are using,this Cookies Settings may provide you additional information about the cookies used by Chanel as well as specific consent settings if you do not wish CHANEL to use all or part of the above-mentioned cookies.
You may also disable the installation of “cookies” by configuring your browser appropriately. For more information, please click .
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact your user experience and may prevent you from using parts of our Platforms or services.
To exercise your rights please send your request to our Customer Service Department as indicate below and communicate the following information: name, surname, e-mail and any other information necessary to confirm your identity in order for us to process the request (such as your postal address).
- by mail: Chanel Limited1 Bruton street, London W1J6TL, Attn: head of Data Privacy
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by addressing it to our CHANEL boutiques or other points of sale.
Please click to access all local contact numbers or exercise your rights.
For any Applicant Data for your application to our “Careers” section, please click to access all local contact email addresses.
Global Data Protection Office
1 Bruton street, London W1J6TL
Attn: head of Data Privacy
By email : email@example.com
Depending on the country version of the Platform you are using, the above mentioned General Provisions applicable to your personal information may be subject to local specific rules. To know more about any specific rules applicable to you, please select the related country below :
Если вы посещаете наш веб-сайт, находясь в России, или если, являясь гражданином России, вы покупаете продукты CHANEL через наш веб-сайт / приложение с дальнейшей доставкой в Россию, или если, являясь гражданином России, вы откликаетесь на вакансию в компании CHANEL в России, на вас распространяется действие следующих положений:
Обработка нами ваших персональных данных основывается на вашем согласии, предоставленном через наш веб-сайт, приложение или другую цифровую платформу или иным образом, за исключением случаев, когда российский закон о защите персональных данных позволяет нам обрабатывать ваши персональные данные исходя из других применимых правовых оснований. Любые случаи передачи ваших персональных данных третьим лицам, находящимся внутри или за пределами России, основываются на вашем согласии и на соответствующих соглашениях или положениях о передаче персональных данных, гарантирующих то, что получающая сторона обеспечит конфиденциальность и безопасность ваших персональных данных и ограничится целями обработки персональных данных, указанными в настоящей Политике, за исключением случаев, когда российский закон о защите персональных данных позволяет нам передавать ваши персональные данные третьим лицам исходя из других применимых правовых оснований. Мы принимаем все необходимые организационные и технические меры для обеспечения безопасности ваших персональных данных. К этим мерам относятся назначение должностного лица, ответственного за организацию процесса обработки персональных данных, внедрение внутренних средств контроля и/или проведение аудитов соответствия процесса обработки персональных данных действующему законодательству, оценка ущерба, который может быть нанесен субъектам данных в случае нарушения требований, выдвигаемых к обработке и обеспечению безопасности персональных данных в соответствии с действующих законодательством, а также сопоставление такого ущерба с принимаемыми нами мерами по обеспечению безопасности.
You have the right to access your personal information and to request us to rectify the information collected should it be incomplete or contain any errors and you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in terms of section 11(3) of Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI).
Complaints: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator at email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you visit and use our website or Boutiques or otherwise interact with CHANEL’s U.S. operations while in the United States of America, or if you are purchasing CHANEL products via our website / app to be shipped to the United States of America, please read this additional specific provision:
Under this Amendment, Personal Information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, or could reasonably be linked directly or indirectly to you or your household collected by CHANEL from or about:
Individuals who visit:
- CHANEL’s U.S. Boutiques or U.S. freestanding retail counters/corners (i.e. concessions or leased departments) operated by Chanel, Inc.
- Attend events hosted by CHANEL in the U.S.
Individuals who access the following Platforms :
- CHANEL applications (or “apps”) available in the U.S.
- The CHANEL website accessible at www.chanel.com/en_US (or by going to www.chanel.com and selecting “United States”)
- Emails from CHANEL, or emails sent on our behalf through our third party service providers
- Any other CHANEL websites or web pages accessible through the U.S. portion of the CHANEL website or CHANEL mobile apps available in the U.S.
- Promotional websites CHANEL hosts or sponsors directed at consumers in the U.S., such as minisites, including without limitation, https://atelier.chanel.com/, or pages on third party social networking services or apps from which CHANEL collects information
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
CHANEL may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
Category Examples Categories of Third Parties to whom this Information is Disclosed Personal Identifiers First and last name, alias or previous name, address, telephone number, facsimile number, unique personal identifier, signature Other entities in the Chanel Organization; service providers; external advisors (e.g., lawyers, accountants, auditors etc.), Demographic Information Date of birth, gender, physical characteristics or description, language skills, number of children, household income data Other entities in the Chanel Organization and service providers Financial Information Credit or debit card information, bank account number, other financial information Other entities in the Chanel Organization; service providers; external advisors Government Identifiers Driver’s or operator’s license number, passport number Other entities in the Chanel Organization; service providers; external advisors Legally Protected Classification Characteristics Age, citizenship, nationality, marital status, sex Other entities in the Chanel Organization; service providers; external advisors Purchase History Information Customer purchase history or tendencies; products purchased, obtained, or considered; returns; records of personal property Other entities in the Chanel Organization and service providers Internet, Application, and Network Activity Call logs; text messages or emails (content); browsing history; search history; clickstream/online website tracking information; data related to user activity, e.g., browser visits; cookies or other similar technologies, which is typically collected automatically Other entities in the Chanel Organization a service providers Device and Online Identifiers and Related Information Online identifier; Internet Protocol address; email address; account user name; cellular, mobile, or wireless number; social media profile; unique device identifier and serial number; device information Other entities in the Chanel Organization and service providers Location Data Physical location or movements, geo-location data Other entities in the Chanel Organization and service providers Sensory Data Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information Other entities in the Chanel Organization; service providers; external advisors Professional or Employment-Related Information Occupation, title, employer, employment history, education Other entities in the Chanel Organization; service providers; external advisors Inferences Drawn from Personal Information Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, behavior, and attitudes Other entities in the Chanel Organization; service providers
CHANEL collects Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- From you or a member of your household
- From other individuals acting on your behalf, such as personal shoppers or assistants
- From devices associated with you or a member of your household, including through cookies, web beacons or similar technologies when you visit our websites or online applications or open our emails
- Through technology we use in our boutiques
- From other companies affiliated with CHANEL
- From our retail partners that sell our products
- From third-party information brokers
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In addition, Personal Information may be transferred as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of company assets, as well as in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Information would be transferred to another entity. We may share aggregated de-identified or anonymized information and statistical reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for any purpose.
THIRD-PARTY DATA COLLECTION
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you usually can change your browser to prevent the browser from accepting cookies. If you reject cookies, you may still use the Site, but your ability to use some areas and features/functions of the Site may be limited.
Targeted Advertising. For more information about targeted advertising generally and information regarding how to “opt-out” from targeted advertising provided by certain participating companies, visit: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Marketing Communications. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or contacting us at email@example.com
Your Legal Rights. Some consumers may have additional rights with respect to their Personal Information under applicable law, such as:
- Right to access Personal Information. You may be entitled to receive the specific pieces of your Personal Information we hold.
- Right to data portability. You may be entitled to receive a copy of your electronic Personal Information in a readily-usable format.
- Right to disclosure. You may be entitled to receive information regarding the categories of Personal Information we collected, the sources from which we collected Personal Information, the purposes for which we collected and shared Personal Information, the categories of Personal Information that we sold and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold, and the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose in the 12 months preceding your request.
- Right to deletion. You may be entitled to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, in compliance with applicable laws. Please note, however, that we may need or be required to keep such information, such as for our legitimate business purposes or to comply with applicable law.
Right to opt-out of sales of Personal Information to third parties. You have the right to opt out of sales of your Personal Information, as defined under California privacy law.We do not engage in such sales, but you can opt out of other types of sharing link.
Please note that these rights may be limited under applicable laws. For example, we may need to retain certain Personal Information for business purposes, to complete transactions you have requested, to comply with our legal obligations, or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law.
If you wish to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us at via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.550.0005.
Please note that we may require additional information from you in order to verify your identity and process your request. CHANEL will not discriminate against you because you exercise any of the consumer rights described in this section. You may also submit a request via an authorized agent using the email address or phone number above.
Your California Privacy Rights. Under California's "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide Personal Information to us in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information that we disclosed, if any, to other businesses for their own marketing purposes in the immediately prior calendar year. This request may be sent electronically by email to email@example.com or by phone at 1.800.550.0005. We will respond to these requests within 30 days. Written requests may be sent to CHANEL, INC., 9 West 57th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, New York 10019, Attn: Customer Care. Requests for this information that come to us through other channels may result in a delayed response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Sites are not directed to children and we do not intentionally collect or maintain any Personal Information from children under the age of 13 years. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.550.0005.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
The effective date of this Amendment is July 2020.