TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE / LEGAL NOTICE
IMPORTANT! Please carefully read the following terms and conditions ("Terms") governing your use (including access, browsing and/or use of any interactive features) of those portions of the CHANEL website accessible at www.chanel.com, as well as and including any other CHANEL websites or web pages accessible through the CHANEL website or other promotional websites CHANEL hosts or sponsors such as minisites or pages on third party social networking services, directed at English speaking consumers in countries where there is no localized version of the CHANEL website accessible by going to the “Languages” page or link in the home page of www.chanel.com (the “Site(s)”).
Different terms may apply in other countries or world regions where a local version of the Site exists.
Use of the Sites is subject to these legally binding Terms and constitutes your agreement to be bound by and to act in accordance with these Terms. By accessing and using the Site, you unconditionally agree to the following:
Chanel is a French société par actions simplifiée with capital of €80,200,000.00, with its principal office located at 135 Avenue Charles de Gaulle, 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France, registered in the Nanterre Trade and Companies Register under number B 542 052 766 (EU VAT Number: FR 64542052766).
The Website is published by Chanel. Its Publication Director is Mr. Luc Dony.
The websites "chanel.com" and "chanel-news.chanel.com" are hosted by Claranet, 68 Rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré, 75008 Paris, France. Telephone: + 33 (0)1 70 13 70 00.
For any questions, please contact our Customer Service Department by filling out the "Contact Us" form.
Chanel and/or its affiliates worldwide own the domain names "chanel.com" and "chanel-news.chanel.com". The Site is a creative work protected by intellectual property laws. The Site as a whole and each of its individual components (including text, tree structures, software, animations, photographs, illustrations, diagrams, logos, trademarks, designs, and models) are the exclusive property of Chanel and/or its affiliates worldwide, which is/are solely authorized to use the intellectual property rights related to them.
Use of all or part of the Site, in particular by means of downloading, reproduction, transmission, display, or distribution other than for your own personal or private use, for commercial or other purposes, is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to the penalties provided by law.
By using the Site's "Share" function to introduce a Chanel product to others, you acknowledge and agree that the content made available for sharing may be used only for strictly personal use, which excludes any commercial use on websites or web pages and/or any other digital media for commercial purposes.
Hypertext links to the Sites can only be created with the prior written authorization of Chanel, which may revoke this authorization at any time.
Websites which have hyperlink to the Sites may not all be controlled by Chanel, which consequently disclaims any liability (particularly editorial) in connection with the access to such websites and their content.
Chanel is free to modify the Site's content at any time, without notice.
Chanel makes every effort to ensure that the information accessible via the Sites is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, Chanel gives no guarantee whatsoever that this information is accurate, complete and up to date. Chanel does not give any express or implied guarantee concerning all or any part of the Sites.
Chanel may not in any circumstances be held liable for any direct or indirect damage, whatever its cause, origin, nature and consequences, arising out of the consultation or use of the Sites. In particular, Chanel disclaims all liability for any interruption or inaccessibility of the Sites, any occurrence of bugs or any damage resulting from fraudulent acts by third parties (such as intrusion) from the Sites.
Chanel has put in place means intended to ensure the security of the files composed from the personal data collected on the Sites. Chanel has no control over risks in connection with the functioning of Internet and draws your attention to the existence of potential risks arising in terms of confidentiality of the data transiting via this network.
These Terms may be modified at any time. Publication of any modifications shall take place upon being put on line and you are deemed to have accepted them unconditionally when you access the Sites after they have been put on line. We recommend that you consult this page regularly.
These Terms have been drawn up pursuant to French law, and in particular to the provisions of French law n°2004-575 of June 21, 2004 regarding the trustworthiness of the electronic economy, French law n°78-17 of January 6, 1978 on Data processing, files and individual liberties as amended by French law n°2004-801 of August 6, 2004 relating to the Protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data. The French courts have territorial jurisdiction to hear any dispute relating to the Site.
Last update: July 2013
Copyright © Chanel.
CHANEL highly cares about your privacy and data protection.
We are committed to offering the highest standards of products and services. Thus, we value each of our existing or prospective client and aim at maintaining the best protection for your personal data
We have implemented a robust data protection compliance program, which includes the adoption of the high-standard data protection principles of the GDPR at a global level and includes the:
- adoption of Binding Corporate Rules (“BCRs”), which should ensure the same level of protection by all CHANEL entities, and to allow transfers of personal data within CHANEL’s organization globally. (For the moment, our BCRs are still under consideration for approval by the data protection authorities);
- creation of a Data Protection Office and a network of local data protection contacts;
- adoption of internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations;
- implementation of appropriate technical and organizational measures to implement the data protection principles.
The CHANEL websites are operated by CHANEL SAS in France ("CHANEL" or "we"). CHANEL may further share information with its affiliates in accordance with the safeguards foreseen in this policy.
Any online sales on the e-commerce section of this website are made by CHANEL SAS. For the UK in particular, sales are made by CHANEL Limited, a UK company.
All marketing communications are sent to you by CHANEL SAS. For the UK in particular, all marketing communications are sent to you by CHANEL Limited.
Information on a job applicant is directed to the local Human Resources team in charge of the open position.
If you want to contact CHANEL or its Data Protection Office, please see under “How to contact CHANEL for privacy queries” below.
Information provided directly by you.
- Information collected online on our website or other digital platforms and Apps, for example by filling in the “contact” section when you subscribe to the Newsletter proposed by CHANEL, or when you create your customer account in the CHANEL Online Boutique;
- Information collected through the "candidate space" available via CHANEL Careers.
Important Notice: When submitting any personal data, including multimedia contents (photographs, videos …) please ensure it is accurate and do not transmit any content which is not expressly requested through a questionnaire or any other collection method (such as commercial information, advertising, personal creations, ideas, or concepts).
Information we obtain indirectly about you.
Some additional information is collected indirectly about you while you are browsing the CHANEL website. This information is technically needed for the proper functioning of the CHANEL website, to improve your browsing experience or in order for CHANEL to perform analytics that will enable us to serve you better by personalizing our online services for you.
- Technical information, such as IP address and cookies, linked to your browsing on our websites, for logging purposes and identification of your country/city via geolocation;
- Information relative to your online profile and website usage data (e.g. behavioral analysis via cookies and similar technologies, your navigation trail of the website, registration of products in the shopping basket );
- Personal data collected via media platforms and social networks (e.g. when you follow CHANEL's pages on those social networks, personal information that you have designated as public and that can be publicly viewed on your social network profile).
Our website does not specifically focus on minors. If we should nevertheless inadvertently collect such information, the minor's legal representative can exercise the minor’s rights on his/her behalf and on his/her name at any time (see below).
In order to fight against counterfeiting and infringement, CHANEL has set up automated processes to collect information on companies or individuals who commit or are likely to commit acts that violate its rights. This information will be accessible to any company legally authorized to use the CHANEL trademarks that has been a victim of such violations, for the purpose of taking action or any necessary measures to protect their rights.
If you are an existing or prospective client of CHANEL, we may use your personal data in order to:
- enable you to browse through our website and other digital platforms and to use your personal online account;
- enable you to obtain information on our products and services from our Customer Care Center- in our “Contact us” section for instance;
- enable you to purchase CHANEL products in our CHANEL boutiques and other points of sale;
- enable you to access CHANEL services in our CHANEL boutiques and other points of sale, or on our website and other digital platforms – for instance, to book an appointment or to create a CHANEL product wish list;
- enable you to access our extensive after-sales care services;
- respect our legal obligations, including inter alia cosmetics regulations, the fight against money laundering, credit card fraud and the fight against counterfeit;
- collect your opinion on our CHANEL products and services, in particular via surveys and questionnaires;
- establish statistics, financial and commercial studies;
- keep you informed about our latest collections, products, campaigns, shows and other events by sending you CHANEL communications (by electronic mail, by post or via your phone: calls, chat, SMS and MMS and third-party media platforms);
- improve our understanding of your interests and preferences so that we can deliver personalized offers and other services that would correspond better to your needs and wishes;
- evaluate your CV and other background appropriately for open positions via internal and external experts in the case of job applicants.
Our processing of your personal data is based on our obligation to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
It is also based on the necessity to carry out the purchase contract with you, to provide you the website, app or other online services as requested by you or, if legally required, on your consent.
We may also rely on our legitimate interest in the completion of sales and in our commitment to offer you seamless after sales services and a personalized and highly qualitative treatment in the long term.
If you are a job applicant, we process the personal data you provide us with in order to recruit for any vacancy (in the section “Careers”) and more particular in order to assess whether we shall enter into an employment contract with you based on our legitimate interest to hire the best-qualified human resources.
Within the CHANEL Organization. Your personal data will only be accessible to a limited list of recipients on a “need to know” basis:
- If you are a current or potential client of CHANEL, only the CHANEL employees that are working within the teams that need to have your information (for example, Customer Relationship Management, Commercial Management, Legal, Compliance and IT) will access your personal data;
- If you are a candidate, only the Human Resources Department as well as the hiring managers will access your personal data.
Outside of the CHANEL Organization.Your personal data will not be provided to a third party except to other CHANEL entities for the purposes explained above and to service providers acting on behalf of CHANEL on the basis of secure contractual arrangements which will include strict data protection obligations. We will in particular provide your personal data to service providers or suppliers who assist us in operating our websites, apps and other digital platforms, conducting our business, servicing you or protecting the security and integrity of our business (including IT maintenance, security and support service provider, hosting provider, payment provider, marketing and advertising partners, mailing or emailing services or customer care center,etc).
For job applicants, please note that we also collaborate with external recruitment experts that we may share your CV with in the recruitment process in order to ensure proper evaluation of all applicants.
CHANEL may also have to transfer personal data to third parties when it receives a request by an authority empowered by law to do so, pursuant to applicable laws and regulations. We may also have to transfer personal data to another legal entity for the purposes of a collaboration, joint venture, corporate reorganization, change of legal form or other similar event. In case of a merger or sale, your personal data will be permanently transferred to the successor company.
Applicable legal and regulatory requirements are taken into consideration before any cross border transfer of your data.
- Any data transfers outside your country will be secured through appropriate contractual guarantees which will also be in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Data transfers among CHANEL entities will ultimately be covered by the Binding Corporate Rules upon their approval by regulators.
You may receive copy of such documents upon request.
Alongside the commitment to offering the highest standards of services and products, we consider that our products should entitle you to personalized client treatment and incomparable after-sales services that may last for a lifetime for some products. For this purpose, and to ensure such services, we may need to keep your personal data for as long as it is needed for the provision of such services.
In particular your personal data will be retained until your last use or purchase of our services or goods and normally for a period of up to 10 years thereafter, unless shorter or longer retention is required by applicable local law or where we have a legitimate and lawful purpose to do so.
For the Fragrance & Beauty products sold on our website, we keep your data for as long as it is necessary to comply with applicable legislation regarding product guarantee and safety and in order to follow up with you on the results of the product and offer you continuous advice.
We welcome and value applications from talented candidates. Even if your application on the “Careers” section of our website is not successful, we may keep your data on file for up to 2 years following your last visit to our candidate space and call you if another appropriate opportunity arises. In case you choose not to be contacted for future opportunities, your data will be kept for up to 6 months. Where necessary, we may keep your data longer in archives in order to align with the applicable statute of limitations for claims around the recruitment process.
Cookies managed by CHANEL are stored for up to 13 months.
CHANEL respects the retention periods imposed by applicable laws and regulations. To the extent your data is no longer necessary for the provision of a service (including the after sales service referred to above) or if you no longer wish to be part of our distribution list for newsletters, beauty tips and events, your data will be deleted or archived in an anonymized or de-identified format in order to comply with applicable regulation.
- “A right of access and information: you have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form of the way in which your personal data is processed. You also have the right to obtain (i) confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case (ii) to access such personal data and obtain a copy thereof.
- A right to rectification: you have the right to obtain the rectification of your personal data. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
- A right to erasure: in some cases, you have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data. However, this is not an absolute right and CHANEL may have legal or legitimate grounds for keeping such personal data.
- A right to restriction of processing: in some cases, you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- A right to data portability: you have the right to receive your personal data which you have provided to CHANEL, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from CHANEL. This right only applies when the processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent or on a contract and such processing is carried out by automated means.
- A right to object to processing: you have the right to object to processing of your personal data when such processing is based on the legitimate interest of CHANEL. CHANEL may, however, invoke compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing. You also have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes.
To exercise the above rights please contact us via the channels provided below and communicate the following information: name, surname, e-mail or any other information necessary to confirm your identity in order for us to process the request (such as your postal address).
You also have the right to unsubscribe from our “Newsletter” at any time:
- by simply clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each Newsletter
- by filling out the “Contact Us” form and specifying your request, as well as the e-mail address to unsubscribe in your message
- by mentioning it to our CHANEL boutiques or other points of sale;
- through the online preferences center.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority in case of breach of the applicable privacy laws and regulations, in particular the GDPR but also any other national or regional privacy laws applicable to you.
Cookies are pieces of information that any website may transfer to your browser that are then stored in your computer system. For example, the deposit of cookies enhances your online experience by allowing us to save your preferences.
- Determine statistics and volumes relating to traffic in order to improve the relevance and user-friendliness of the services offered to you;
- Provide you with services and navigation adapted by personalizing your user interface;
- Share information with other websites, media partners and social networks in order to offer you pertinent promotional and adverting communications that match your interests (third party cookies).
We may also collect your shortened IP address on a non-readable basis, which does not allow us to identify you.
If you do not wish CHANEL to use all or part of the above-mentioned third party cookies, please click here.
You may also disable the installation of “cookies” by configuring your browser appropriately. For more information, please .
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on your user experience and may prevent you from using part of our website.
If you wish to configure your browser in order to disable the installation of cookies, you can follow the below instructions:
For Mozilla Firefox: Select the 'Tools' menu, then 'Options'. Click the 'Privacy' icon, locate the 'Cookies' menu and select your preferred options.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and later: Select the 'Tools' menu, then 'Internet Options'. Click the 'Confidentiality' tab and use the cursor to select the level desired.
For Opera 6.0 and later: From the 'File' menu, select 'Preferences', then click on 'Privacy' and select your preferred options.
For Safari: From the Safari menu, select 'Preferences', then click on 'Security' and select your preferred options.
For Google Chrome: select the Chrome menu, then select 'Settings' and click on 'show advanced settings'. In the Privacy section chose 'Content settings'; then in the 'Cookies' section you can select your options.
To exercise your rights please send your request to our Customer Service Department:
- For CHANEL SAS:
- by mail : writing to La Ligne de CHANEL - 135, avenue Charles de Gaulle 92521 Neuilly-sur-Seine Cedex
- by email : filing out the Contact us form
- by phone: calling La Ligne de CHANEL at 0800 255 005, from Monday to Friday, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m (CET). Please to access all local numbers
- For CHANEL Limited:
- by mail: CHANEL Ltd, Queenway, Croydon, CR9 4DL, Attn: Consumer Relations
- by email: email@example.com
- by phone: 0800 028 5005
For any candidate data for your application to our “Careers” section, please contact:
- Service SIRH
135, avenue Charles de Gaulle
92521 Neuilly-sur-Seine Cedex
By email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or the local Human Resources team. For more details please see here.
Data Protection Office
135, avenue Charles de Gaulle à Neuilly sur Seine
92200 Neuilly sur Seine
By email: email@example.com
- La Linea de CHANEL - Servicio de atención al consumidor
- 901 51 95 19
- El Servicio de Atención al Cliente de la Boutique en línea CHANEL
- 900 10 23 92
- La Ligne de CHANEL - Service Relations Clientèle
- 0800 255 005
- Le Service Clients de La Boutique en ligne CHANEL
- 01 58 37 68 00
- CHANEL Kundenservice
- 01801-24 26 35
- Der Kundenservice der CHANEL Online-Boutique
- 0800 55 19 555
- CHANEL Kundenservice
- 0810-50 00 10
- Der Kundenservice der CHANEL Online-Boutique
- 0800 29 8 444
- La Linea di CHANEL - Servizio Consumatori
- 840 000 210
- Il Servizio Clienti della Boutique online CHANEL
- 800 411 344
- La Ligne de CHANEL - Service Relations Clientèle / Consumentenservice
- 070 66 55 55
- Le Service Clients de La Boutique en ligne CHANEL / De klantenservice van de webshop van CHANEL
- 0800 97 447
- La Ligne de CHANEL - Service Relations Clientèle
- 026 37 57 31
- Le Service Clients de La Boutique en ligne CHANEL
- 80 025 250
- La Ligne de CHANEL - Consumentenservice
- 0900 519 2005
- De klantenservice van de webshop van CHANEL
- 0800 333 23 33
- CHANEL Client Care Center
- CHANEL Online Boutique Client Care Center
- 020 – 53 00 00
- CHANEL Client Care Center
- 02815 8000