The website is owned and operated by:
Chanel, joint stock company with a capital of €80,200,000.00 euros, headquartered at 135 Avenue Charles de Gaulle 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine, registered number B 542 052 766 on the Nanterre Companies Register, intra-community VAT number FR 64542052766.
Mr. Luc Dony, in his capacity as CEO.
The “chanel.com” website is hosted by Amazon Web Services, 31 place des Corolles, 92400 Courbevoie, FRANCE.
The “careers.chanel.com” is hosted by CLARANET, 68 Rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré 75008 Paris - FRANCE.
Phone: 33 (1) 70 13 70 00.
1. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Chanel and/or its affiliates around the world own the domain name “www.chanel.com”. The Website is a creation of the mind protected by intellectual property laws. The Website as a whole and the products sold on it, as well as all the associated intellectual property (such as texts, site maps, programmes, databases, animations, photographs, illustrations, sounds, colour codes, diagrams, logos, brands and designs) are the exclusive property of Chanel and/or its affiliates around the world and/or have been regularly licensed to Chanel. Chanel and/or its affiliates around the world are solely authorised to use the associated intellectual property rights.
The use of all or part of the Website, including by downloading, reproduction, transmission, presentation or distribution, for purposes other than for your personal and private use, commercially or otherwise, is strictly prohibited. In the event of failure to comply with these provisions, the penalties provided by law will be applied.
When you use a “Share” function on the Website to share a CHANEL product, event or message, you acknowledge and accept that the content available for sharing must only be used for purely personal purposes, excluding any commercial use on websites or web pages and/or other commercial digital media.
The creation of hyperlinks to the Website requires Chanel’s prior, written consent which can be revoked at any time.
Not all websites with a hyperlink to the Website are under Chanel’s control and Chanel therefore disclaims any liability (especially editorial) regarding access to such websites and their content.
Chanel is free to change the content of the Website at any time and without notice.
2. DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Chanel strives to ensure that the information available via the Website is accurate and up-to-date. However, Chanel gives no warranty that such information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Chanel gives no warranty, express or implied, in respect of all or part of the Site.
Subject to the specific provisions for online sales, Chanel cannot be held liable for any direct or indirect damages, irrespective of the cause, origin, nature and consequence, arising from browsing and use of the Website. In particular, Chanel declines any liability in the event of interruption or inaccessibility of the Website, the occurrence of bugs or any damage resulting from fraudulent acts by third parties (such as an intrusion) originating from the Website.
Chanel implements measures to ensure the security of the data collected on the Website. Nevertheless, Chanel has no control over the risks associated with the functioning of the internet and draws your attention to the existence of potential risks regarding the confidentiality of data transiting through this network.
If you have any questions regarding the warranty and liability rules applicable to the Chanel Online Boutique, please check the Terms of Sale.
3. PERSONAL DATA AND COOKIES
The provisions relating to personal data and cookies are set out in the Privacy Section.
4. PRICE INFORMATION
Prices displayed on the Website are shown in Euros, except for the countries listed in the table below:
United Arab Emirates
When placing orders on the CHANEL Online Boutique, please check the information regarding prices and any delivery costs applicable in the Terms of Sale.
The price of products not sold on the CHANEL Online Boutique are provided as a guide and have no contractual value. They correspond to the prices applied by Chanel in its stores and are subject to change and adjustment without notice.
For jewellery presented on the Chanel Jewellery website, the prices shown are for a 52 or medium ring size and are therefore also subject to variation for a smaller or larger size.
5. FRAGRANCE & BEAUTY PRODUCT REVIEWS
This article regulates your use of the product reviews service offered by Chanel for the “Fragrance” “Makeup” and “Skincare” sections of the Website (hereinafter the “Product Reviews“).
5.1 Purpose of the Product Reviews
The Product Reviews allows the Website’s customers to leave their opinions, suggestions and recommendations solely on the Frangrance and Beauty products sold on the website (hereinafter the “Products“). These opinions, suggestions or recommendations shall be accompanied by a grade of 1 to 5 starts, 5 stars being the best score attributable to a Product (hereinafter the “Review(s)“).
To be able to leave a Review on one of the Products, the customer must have previously bought the Product in question on the Website within the last year.
If a customer bought the product using a guest account, she should create a customer account first in order to be able to leave her Review.
A Review must contain a minimum of 10 characters.
The content that you send as part of the Product Reviews is used by Chanel for the purpose of analysing the satisfaction of our customers.
5.2 Contents of Product Reviews / Users’ responsibilities
By sending the content, you guarantee:
- that you are the sole author and/or owner of all the rights relating to the said content or that you hold a licence for the rights authorising you to send the said content to Chanel;
- that you have voluntarily renounced all “moral rights” that you could have on the said content;
- that all the content that you send is correct;
- that you are at least 18 years old or you have obtained prior permission of a parent or legal representative to leave content, Chanel shall be able to ask any minor user to provide evidence of this permission and, where necessary, refuse to publish the Review of a minor user who is unable to provide evidence of this permission;
Furthermore, you agree to send no content:
- that you know to be false, incorrect or misleading;
- that infringes any copyright, patent right, trademark, business secret, trade secret and/or any other intellectual property rights, property rights, publicity rights of any third party and/or any confidentiality agreements;
- that violates any law or order, or indeed any decree or regulation (including, but not limited to, those which regulate consumer protection, unfair competition, discrimination or false advertising) and more generally, any regulation;
- that can reasonably be considered to be defamatory, derogatory, inciting hate, biased, offensive or insulting, in particular with regards to race or religion, threatening in an illegal manner or representing unlawful harassment of any individual, person, agreement, partnership or business;
- for which you have been paid of have received compensation by a third party not approved by Chanel;
- that includes information referencing websites other than the Website, publicity, third party brands or content that is not be relevant to the products sold on the Website, physical addresses, email addresses, contact details or telephone numbers or any other information allowing the identification of a person;
- that includes any comment on the medical or pharmaceutical performance of the Products;
- that contains viruses, worms or other potentially harmful programmes or computer files.
5.3 Publication of Reviews
You recognise that you, and not Chanel, are solely responsible for the content of your contribution. No part of the content that you send shall be subject to an obligation of confidentiality on the part of Chanel (including its executives, directors, agents, shareholders, affiliates, joint companies, employees, partners or third party service providers, as well as their respective directors, representatives and employees).
Chanel undertakes not to pay any user in order to incite them to leave a possible Review.
The Reviews shall be published between 48 and 72 hours after submission on average. The process may be longer if the Review has to be examined in detail by the dedicated Chanel team.
The Reviews are uploaded on the Website in chronological order.
Once a Review is published on the Website, users have the option, through a link, to say if they have found it useful or not.
8. APPLICABLE LAW AND DISPUTES
Last updated: January 2020
Copyright © CHANEL.